Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Coldrun Fitness - April 26, 2016: Nutrition

Summary: Thinking through my approach to the Nerd Fitness Academy leveling system.  Active quest log.  Binge day, but an honest one.  Optimistic about tomorrow.


Nutrition
  • This is where things start to get a bit dangerous.  
  • Nerd Fitness Academy is paleo and level-based.  It starts at just tracking food carefully, and gradually shifts towards full-on paleo.
  • Here's the thing: I like the idea of paleo in a lot of ways, but not 100%.  I still want to drink some soda because I frigging love soda - a bit.  I still want to eat a bit of sweets for dessert - a bit.  When I envision my goal-self, it's not someone who's HAAARDCOOOORE and only eats healthy foods.  It's someone who has less healthy but still tasty food in moderation.
  • Here's the other thing: that's okay!  I can adapt Nerd Fitness Academy to fit my goals.  If a level-up goal requires me to do something 100% and my goal is to do that thing, say, 75% or 80%, I'll try to do it 80%. 
  • Starting out at "Level 1: Help, I'm Clueless" (lol).  This is basically me tracking what I eat for two weeks.  Then I'll worry about level 2.

---

Food Log
  • Sesame bagel with cream cheese.  Chocolate milk. (630 cal)
  • Chipotle burrito bowl with white rice, half steak/half shredded beef, vegetables, half pinto beans, half corn, salsa, cheese, guacamole. (1,150 cal)
  • Bottled mocha frappuccino. (180 cal)
  • Small skim mocha with whipped cream. (180 cal)
  • Tuna melt. Chaider - half chai, half cider. (890 cal) 
  • Dove bar. Popcorn. (1,080 cal)
Total calories: 4,110

---

Active Quest Log

Start Your Food Log: Honestly track everything you eat for seven days.
[4/26] - [   ] - [   ] - [   ] - [   ] - [   ] - [   ]

Solidify Myself in Nerd Fitness Level 1: Honestly track everything you eat for fourteen days.
Week #1: [4/26] - [   ] - [   ] - [   ] - [   ] - [   ] - [   ]
Week #2: [   ] - [   ] - [   ] - [   ] - [   ] - [   ] - [   ]