Thursday, April 21, 2016

Hiatus - Fitness/FF Update

On vacation, and away from my computer from today (Thursday morning) until Sunday night. Loving Chrono Trigger deeply so far, and will return to it when I get home.  Final Fantasy IX afterwards.

I wrote before about a cycle I go through, one that has led to me not losing weight in any long term way for years:

1) Frustration and anxiety and anger about my body.
2) Plan out habit changes to lose weight.
3) Enact habit changes.
4) Stress and anxiety and restlessness builds as I adapt badly to the change in habits.
5) Begin gradually to fall back into old habits.
6) Quit.
7) Frustration and anxiety and anger about my body.


Today through Sunday, my main fitness goal is going to be twofold:

1) Track what I eat and when I eat it.
2) Try to not hate myself.  Try to watch when I feel guilty, when I feel angry and anxious and ashamed of myself, and just let it go.  Don't fight it, but be aware of it when it happens.  Aware that it's not helpful. Try to slip away from it.


----

See you in a few days.

CR