Monday, April 13, 2015

FFVII – Part 47: Total Recall

Summary: Cloud’s true identity emerges at last. He gets Sephiroth – erm, the real Sephiroth – the Black Materia. Mecha-Godzilla appears.


Whirlwind Maze – The Others

-Cid, Barret, and Cait Sith are hanging back.

-Barret is isolated in a green wind. This must have to do with something trying to take the Black Materia.




-Everyone disappears, but then Tifa comes running up to Barret through the green wind. I don’t trust that this is actually Tifa. She summons Barret to help Cloud.

TIFA?: Hee hee! And remember…
[Not!Tifa transforms]
SEPHIROTH: …the Black Materia.

Yeah. It was Sephiroth in disguise.

See through it, Barret. Come on!

---

Cavern

-All of a sudden, Cloud and ProbablyNot!Tifa are teleported into the cavern with the Shinra crew.

-Cloud says that this is where the Reunion is happening.

-Oh no. The controls start stuttering and go all wonky as Cloud haltingly walks towards Barret. This is just what happened in the Forgotten City. Cloud is mind-controlled.



-No way this is actually Cloud asking.

-I actually think that the Tifa here is really Tifa. She’s trying to snap him out of it.

-NO BARRET STAHP WHAT ARE YOU DOING

-Fuck. He gave Puppet!Cloud the Black Materia.

PUPPET!CLOUD: “Everyone, thanks for everything. And… I’m sorry.” He apologizes to everyone, especially to Tifa.

“You’ve been so good to me. I never lived up to being ‘Cloud.’” So maybe he’s not a puppet exactly, but accepts that he’s a clone? “…Tifa, someday maybe you’ll meet the real Cloud.” Was the black-haired dude the real Cloud? I wonder if we’ll actually meet him, or if he died, or if I’m missing something obvious.

-Hojo’s delighted by this, but surprised that Cloud was a failed experiment. Never even got a number or a tattoo, which ?Cloud is now asking for.


 WHAT
THE
SWEET
MOTHER
OF
FUCK

I didn’t predict that at all. I don’t know what I thought, but it wasn’t THAT.

“Jenova cells and Mako, combined with my knowledge and skills, have been combined with science and nature to bring him to life.” Then… who is the Sephiroth we’ve been chasing this whole time? Clone!Cloud’s clone brother?

HOJO: “You see, if Jenova’s body is dismembered, it will eventually become one again. That is what is meant by Jenova’s Reunion.”

Ok. But who is Jenova? She’s probably not a Cetra. Was she the monster summoned by the Planet to heal it? WAIT, MAYBE JENOVA’S A HERO SUMMONED BY THE PLANET TRYING TO STOP SHINRA’S SHENANIGANS!



…hm. Probably not. That doesn’t explain the Black Materia and meteor.

-Hojo continues, starting to answer my Sephiroth question. Apparently when Sephiroth died, his will was strong enough that he didn’t move on into the lifestream. Instead, he stuck around and is trying to manipulate the clones Hojo made.

Not!Cloud overhears this while hanging upside down from the ceiling like a bat for some reason.


“I wasn’t pursuing Sephiroth. I was being summoned by him.”

What a mindfuck.

-The ceiling starts to collapse. And we get a glimpse of the actual Sephiroth, caged in a sphere of pure materia.

-Hojo seems pretty pleased by the convergence of Sephiroth’s Will and Jenova’s Reunion, but neither I nor Tifa know what he’s so happy about. He’s got the Black Materia. And if he’s being puppeted by Sephiroth, he’s gonna give the Black Materia to him to summon the meteor.

Which will probably kill everyone.

-Cloud reaches into the Mako shell around Sephiroth and hands him the Black Materia.



”Although we’re apart
You’re part of my heart,
And tonight you belong to me.
Just to little old me.”

---

Atop the Cliffs

-HAHAHAA WHAT THE HELL

-THIS IS AWESOME



-So Sephiroth is about to summon a meteor, but the Planet’s protection monster woke up too. It’s like the world is calling for Captain Planet, but instead Mecha-Godzilla shows up and is like “I got your back, Planet.”

-I’m pretty confused by what’s going on in this cinematic, but best I can make out, the non-Cloud members of the party escaped with the Shinra group to their plane. The plane flies away. Simultaneously, Captain Planet/Mecha-Godzilla and Super Saiyan Sephiroth clash in some way.

---

Next time: Go go Godzilla!

-So Sephiroth is about to summon a meteor, but the Planet’s protection monster woke up too. It’s like the world is calling for Captain Planet, but instead Mecha-Godzilla shows up and is like “I got your back, Planet.”

-I’m pretty confused by what’s going on in this cinematic, but best I can make out, the non-Cloud members of the party escaped with the Shinra group to their plane. The plane flies away. Simultaneously, Captain Planet/Mecha-Godzilla and Super Saiyan Sephiroth clash in some way.

---

Next time: Go go Godzilla!