Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Fitness Stuff - April 29, 2015

Morning weight: 272.2 lbs




Diet

Morning: Three eggs scrambled with half a red bell pepper.  Two slices of Spam.

---

Midday: Chipotle bowl with white rice, steak, tomato, cheese, guacamole.  Bottled mocha frappuccino afterwards.

I'd like to try something different for lunch going forward.  Chipotle's fine, but can get expensive on too regular a basis, and I want to put that money towards other things.

Hm.  I'll have to think about this.

Iced skim mocha a bit later.

---

Evening: I ate ice cream and pizza tonight and it feels like a victory.  This is going to sound weird.  Bear with me.

So today was one of my primary binge triggers: the release of the Mark Watches reaction videos.  For those of you who didn't discover this blog through Mark Spoils, there's a blogger named Mark Oshiro who runs a series of blind reactions to different shows.  He writes about them and puts up videos of his full reactions to the episodes.  (Currently he's doing "Supernatural," "Star Trek: The Next Generation," and "Leverage.")

Once a week, he puts out 10 reaction videos to those full episodes and I tend to plow through them in a couple of sittings.  I have a pattern around this.  I stop by the Super America (gas station near me) and buy a mix of salty and sweet snacks.  Sometimes it's chips, dip, and pint of ice cream.  Sometimes it's a combo of king size candy and Cheetohs.  It varies.  And often I'll supplement this with ordering Chinese or pizza.  Like, a full pizza and wings.

When I saw the videos were released by this morning, I knew today would be a binge trigger.  And yet, I'm kind of super proud about how I dealt with it?

I left work this evening, and decided to try a mini version of the binge.  I went to a pizza place nearby and got two slices of garlic pizza.  It was awesome and delicious.  BEST PIZZA.  SO GOOD.  Then went to the gas station and got a pint of Ben & Jerry's "Phish Food" ice cream.  Went home, started watching a video, and ate about 3/4 of the pint.  Then put it away in the freezer.

AND THAT WAS IT.


Later in the evening I started to get hungry again which was a great sign.  Ate a mess of baby carrots and dipped them in balsamic dressing. 

---

Exercise

Short lunch-time walk for 1.08 miles in 18:31.

In the evening, did more knee push-ups.  Two sets this time, 15 knee push-ups in each set.  Did them while watching the Day[9] daily show during his breaks.