Monday, April 13, 2015

Fitness - Week 1, Day 2

Some small successes and experiments in cooking coupled with going mindlessly off-plan.


Around 9-10am I got hungry, but reasonably so.  I could control it until lunch.

Around 2pm, 1:30pm, I got off-the-rails hungry.  Had a latte and cookie then, and went on a mini-binge in the early evening.  Was going to try again tomorrow, but you know what?  I think part of the drive that had me so hungry was not mentally believing that these new snacks and meals would actually work.

I've never had celery with almond butter before.  Had to cut up the celery.  I've never made a stir fry before.  I've never cut a bell pepper before, or diced a tomato.  This was an experiment.  Really glad that I chose to continue and try to build new cooking habits even in the face of that mini-binge.

The celery and almond butter was fine.  The stir fry was a good start.

---

Breakfast, 7:15am: Two egg omelet with cheddar cheese.  Smoothie with ~1 cup milk, ~1 cup mixed frozen berries, and a few spoons of vanilla yogurt.

Lunch, 11:00am: Three small pork chops.  Green beans.  Pear slices.

Snack, 6:00pm: Celery with almond butter.

Dinner, 8:00pm: Stir fry chicken (12 oz), green pepper, and tomato with soy sauce.

---

Off Plan: Fritos with spinach dip.  Take 5 and white chocolate Kit Kats.  Iced chai latte. Chocolate chip cookie.