Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Rift Week #1: Let's Roll

Where I use random.org to roll my new Rift character.



This is not a blind play.  I played Rift casually at release, and raided a bit in Storm Legion (its first expansion).  Didn't really pay attention to the lore and quest text before, so I'll try to do that a bit more now, but mostly will casually PvE.  Solo, dungeons, chronicles, and hopefully raids down the line.

Super excited for the expansion.  I left Rift well before the 3.0 patch that brought so many Nightmare Tide features.

There are two ways I'll use random.org to build my character.  When I have a set number of options, I'll randomize the number of options, and if for example there are four options and the RNG pulls up a 3, I'll choose the third option in the list.

Second: when I have an unlimited number of options, as with appearance or name, I'll randomize 1-10 and click the "Random" button that number of times.  For example, on name, if I roll a 7, then I'll hit the "random" button 7 times and take the name that comes up.

Let's go.

---

Faction: Guardian - Defiant
Gender: Male - Female
Race: Eth - Kelari - Bahmi
Calling: Warrior - Cleric - Mage - Rogue
Appearance (1-10): 6
Name (1-10): 6, Basrabia.  I figure most people have their names chosen for them, so the RNG chose my character's name too.

Now, that could be it, but I want to randomize one more thing: her main leveling soul.  Now, if it ends up sucking horribly, I can switch to a cookie cutter, but for the path up I want to pick a DPS soul and try to make sense of it as I go.

Core Soul: Champion - Paragon - Reaver - Riftblade - Tempest - Warlord

Tempest.  Cool!  I'm a ranged warrior hurling lightning.  I'll supplement it with the Riftblade and Paragon to start and see how it goes.

---

Edit:  I'm hesitant to go back on this due to my previously stated flimsiness, but I'm rerolling.  I played a warrior for a long time in Rift.  It was my only real main calling, and I'm pretty familiar with the souls and the builds.  The point of this is something different.

Final reroll then.  Only difference here is that I'm taking warrior out as an option.

Faction: Guardian - Defiant
Gender: Male - Female
Race: Mathosian - High Elf - Dwarf
Calling: Cleric - Mage - Rogue
Appearance (1-10): 3
Name (1-10): 6, Mairnaitasaith