Tuesday, August 5, 2014

FFIV After Years – Part 44: The Tropical Face-Palms of Kaipo (The Crystals)

Summary: The Agart Subterrane ends up amounting to a big dead end. The answer to progressing in this part of the game lay in Kaipo, where Yang and Ursula were lying the whole time. We bashed them over the heads to wake them up because of science, and the Sylphs joined up, fully unshackled. Mist Mom helps out Rydia, and it’s onto Baron.

---

Agart Subterrane

-Whole mess of hidden passages down here

-I wonder where it leads. Dwarven Castle? I lali-hope so.

-Lots of “Quake” mobs here, both Arachne and Tunnelers.

-When will Golbez reveal himself? I hope someone doesn’t discover it and then accuse him of being on EMG’s side or something.

-I admit I’m a bit stuck again. There’s a save point on B2 which is promising. But no way further down. Just a dead end near the save point. Am I being trolled?

-Hm. Disappointing. Emergency Exiting out.

-WHY CAN’T I USE THAT

-I’ve been everywhere, man. No idea where to go.

---

Mist

-Trying back here, but Mist Mom says we have more Eidolons to free still.

-I mean, Asura and Leviathan seem left. I think they’re underground. I honestly don’t know how to get there. Grrr.

---

Overworld

-Wandering for about an hour, longer maybe. WHAT AM I MISSING FJDHLSFDJLS

-Got six small tails.

-And now a seventh.

-Another 30 min wandering and retracing my steps……………

---

Kaipo

-Wow.

-Just, wow.

-I was in Kaipo before, and must have forgotten to check this house fully.

-Because it’s YANG AND URSULA. In the Bed of Desert Fever.

-Seriously. All that wandering, and the answer to moving forward was right under my nose.


This facepalm is purely for myself.

-Now the frying pan and ladle I got back in Fabul from Sheila come into play, to wake these two up. As soon as I whack Ursula on the head with a ladle, her immediate reaction is, “Mom?” This is pretty fucked up, and no social services to call. I get that this is supposed to be cute and charming that the family hits each other on a regular basis, but yeesh.


RIGHT?

-The Sylphs! They admire Yang, and return to Rydia.

-Still not 100% sure why the Sylphs love Yang so dearly. What did I miss?

---

Baron

-Full party versus Cecil.

-Oh, son of a…


Evil Moon Cecil summons Odin.

Yeah. This is bad.

---

Mist

-Just in case, checking back here. It’s a long shot, since I know Asura and Leviathan and Odin are still shackled.

-The mist is departing! People are coming outside!

-Village Chief: “Looks like you’ve freed all the Eidolons.” Huh? What? No, I didn’t. We literally saw Odin still shackled like forty seconds ago.

-Kind of nice. The kids of the town saved the Mist Dragon and have been maintaining it. Also kind of fucked up. They pretended to be Rydia’s mom for no good reason. Or did I make an inferential leap that was unwarranted? Probably.

-WHOA! That WAS ghost mom! I guess working in conjunction with the kid.



-Alright, EMC. Here we come.

---

Next time: Baron. About time.