Monday, November 2, 2015

FFVII Dirge of Cerberus – Part 22: Azul’s Final Form

Summary: An awesomely fun segment to play! A challenging fight against the various forms of Azul and we bid a glorious, Chaos-infused farewell to the second Tsviet. Only Nero remains. Vincent arrives at Deepground.


-Azul wants Vincent to “show [him his] rage.” He senses Chaos trying to break free.

-In combat, he’s now “Neo Azul.”



-The whole fight is on a large elevator platform going down. He has the massive assault cannon from last time and is firing it around. He also does a cloud knockdown attack thingy that the pillar in the middle of the room doesn’t protect me from.

-Oh! It looks like the cloud attack is when he slams his gun on the ground. Maybe I can jump over it?

-YES! I can. The timing is tough, but I can. I try to avoid his sweeping gun attacks ducking behind pillars, and jump over his ground stomp. It’s tough, but I get him. Go Coldrun!

-Like Rosso, he deals with defeat through laughter in the joy of combat. Though he’s more graceful in defeat.

-oh shit

-I was wrong. I only beat his first form. He goes into Behemoth!Azul mode.


”Arch Azul.”

I’m low on potions and probably fucked.

-He’s knocking me around with his horns. I have no idea how to dodge or defend against it.

-Hm. Melee attacks work. He kills me though. I’ll try again.

-Second try. I obliterate him in the first phase this time with the machine gun, and have many more resources going into phase two.

-This is super frustrating. I can’t damage him from range. When I get up close, he tail whaps me. I can’t dodge his horn attacks.

-wait, what about… yes! It’s not consistent, but if I hit him a few times in melee from the sides, and dodge out, I don’t get tail swiped. I can rinse and repeat on that. (His horn attack still seems pretty undodgeable though.)

-HAHAHAHAHA YES FUCK OFF AZUL -- VICTORY!!!!!

-WAIT WHAT

-NOOOOOOOOO



-The body of Arch Azul gets up as Vincent walks away, and swipes at him. Slams Vincent into the rails. Is Chaos about to take over?

-HOLY SHIT HAHAHA VINCENT TELEPORTED (????) OVER TO ARCH AZUL AND RIPPED SOMETHING OUT OF HIM

-VINCENT IS IN CHAOS FORM NOW



-AND CHAOS PICKED UP AZUL’S GUN HAJKLFHAFLDJKLFHDJKLSF



-JUST WHEN I DIDN’T THINK THIS COULD GET MORE AWESOME, CHAOS DOESN’T SHOOT AZUL WITH HIS OWN GUN. HE FUCKING REARS BACK AND THROWS IT AT HIM, IMPALING AZUL



-OHO, BUT THAT’S NOT ENOUGH FOR CHAOS. AS THE IMPALED AZUL FALLS OFF THE ELEVATOR, CHAOS LAUNCHES A RED FIRE ENERGY WHATEVER BEAM AT HIM


GET. REKKKKKKKKT.

-And look who appears at the top of the elevator watching all this go down.


Nero, above it all.

-Fair warning: if you hurt Shelke, it’s on.

-Chaos doesn’t see Nero yet. Nero considers letting Chaos run free. He drops a chip or something down that Chaos sees. Not sure whether it was accidental or on purpose, and not sure what it is. Probably on purpose.

---

Flashback – Shinra Labs

-Turk!Vincent is in a mako tank. Lucrecia’s overseeing.

-She’s in bad shape. Seems exhausted, but I’m betting it’s something else.

-Hojo appears, pissed at Lucrecia. She’s not supposed to be down here with Vincent. Is she helping him escape?

-LOLNOPE. It seems like the opposite. She’s going above and beyond, experimenting on him with Omega and Chaos in ways that Hojo wasn’t.

-Hojo’s voice actor is phenomenal btw. My favorite in this game alongside Rosso and Weiss.



-Lucrecia is horrified at the accusation, but I think it’s more that she’s getting called out than anything else. Hojo doesn’t mind anymore. He walks away, cackling.

---

Present – Elevator to Deepground

-Vincent wakes up lying on the still descending (?!?!) elevator.

-Oh! I see what Nero dropped. It’s a phone.

-The elevator hits bottom.

VINCENT: “Deepground. Shinra’s dark secret. Three years of hell below, and now a world of hell above.” Pretty great line.

-The door opens.



Purple shadowlight floods out. Vincent enters.

---

Next time: into Deepground.