Friday, November 6, 2015

FFVII Dirge of Cerberus – Part 23: A Heap of Broken Images

Summary: Vincent pushes through the ruined Deepground city, on foot and on motorized mine cart thing. Nero’s void stuff attacks. Shelke lurks inside.


Deepground – Outer Wall

-I’m excited! Finally in the belly of the beast. Nero, Weiss, and probably Omega await.



-This looks like a fairly normal city, though the air’s tinged with crimson and teal smoke rises in the distance. It’s underneath the pizza dome that defines Midgar.

-Faceless flappy gargoyle things attack.

-The soldiers come in combos of swordsmen and shooters. Pretty tough combos, and not a ton of cover.

-Serious concerns about the amount of damage I’m taking. I look forward to seeing a non-blind LP of this game after I’m done to see how exactly people avoid damage.

-Hate the z-axis parts of this game, where I have to hunt around while getting shot at for whether an enemy is above or below me. Grr.

-The interior of this wall is rusty and broken.



Feels like something out of Silent Hill.

-No. Oh no no no. I got into a minecar thingy. Donkey Kong Country style. I’m gonna have to shoot crap out of the air I imagine.


On rails.

-This is a pretty cool trip through Deepground’s city, getting to see it and all, but I’m so bad at this. I can’t tell where shooters are coming from.

-A helicopter pursued me. I kept shooting at it but it didn’t die. Um. Ok. Dunno how I was supposed to do that. Maybe I was supposed to go total manual controls and shoot at its weak point or something. Whatever.

-I killed 3/10 pursuers. I suck lol.

---

Deepground Ruins

-The main city.

-GODDAMMIT I KEEP DYING

-Ok, making some progress.

-Got to a chain gun station. I have to sit and shoot stuff out of the air. I don’t know why, but it’s kind of mindless.

-no

-please no

-FUCKFNHDJKLSFNDJKLSFNDJKLSF THE GAME CRASHED ON ME. I have to do this whole last twenty minutes again. So boring. Jesus. [Later edit: it’s really not that boring. One of my major pet peeves is having to redo chunks of content, so I was venting when I wrote that.]

-Ok. Back where I was, at the machine gun turret. Let’s try this again.



Success!

-…did I just find a typo? Picked up an item called “Potoin.”

-I keep getting trapped on bridges and in these narrow areas. Machine gun is a blessing here.

-Oh shit, it’s Nero! I don’t see him, but Vincent got attacked by the void crap he always carries around.



Vincent starts to freak out.

-A voice tells him to control it. Lucrecia maybe? Or Shelke? I’m terrible with voices.

“You cannot be contained by this darkness because a part of you was born from it.” Vincent is so goth.

-He pulls himself out of the darkness. Chaos doesn’t win this round.

-We zoom in to find Shelke in the middle of the darkness. She better still be alive in there. Fucking Nero.



SHELKE: “I will die when my magic runs out, anyway.” Oh! She’s shielded inside the darkness. When the magic fails, the darkness takes her.

---

Next time: inside the void.