Saturday, November 14, 2015

FFVII Dirge of Cerberus – Part 28: Unmasked

Summary: AAAAAAH!!! Nero goes down. Vincent “meets” “Weiss.”



 
The Darkness

-Um.

-Where are we? Is this some weird Nero pocket dimension?

-Vincent is now standing on what looks like a stone pathway or bridge.

-On a rock above him, some shadow pools out, and a robot thingy starts to creepily emerge from it.



Nero’s next form?

-HOLY SHIT THAT’S AWESOME!!!

-He’s now “Arachnero.”

-Ok. Same thing as before. I’ll likely die, so be patient and look for weaknesses and learn the fight.

First phase: Arachnero is in a void-protected shell. He sent little purple gems out that I can shoot. Occasionally, one of them stops, unshields, and zaps at me. When that happens, I have to hide behind a pillar and when it stops firing at me shoot back.

-Looks like I can run up and break the shield once all the orbiting things are down and then fire at Arachnero himself.



-Actually, looks like I can break the shield at any time. Just have stick and move, stick and move. The platform around him is a circle, so I can continually fire and move, even as I avoid shadow lasers he fires at me and fireballs he launches at me.

-50%. Arachnero dropped from the middle of the circle into the fire pool below him. What’s next?

-Now I’m on a series of floating rocks above the first area. Nero, now “Gorgonero,” starts to teleport around to rocks around me. I have to watch for the portal and fire ASAP. He only appears for a short window before porting away.


Firing as Gorgonero emerges from a portal.

-Almost…

GOTCHA HAHAHA

---

Mako Reactor Core

-Nero pops out of his pocket dimension. He’s hurt badly, though not dead. He starts walking down the hall, limping badly and clutching his chest, moaning to himself. “Weiss…”

-Yuffie’s conscious, but pretty out of it.

-Vincent begins to walk down the hall to follow Nero, but the door blasts open with light.



-It’s coming from the main core where we just were, where Weiss’s body was.

NERO: “Weiss. My beloved brother. It is time.”

Here we go.



-Weiss is standing up and cackling.

NERO: “Together at last. I won’t leave you again. Never… Weiss…” If he didn’t use the term “brother,” I would have thought this was romantic. Which would’ve been awesome, but more than I dare to hope for from the FF series tbh.

-Nero staggers over to Weiss.

-OH SHIT WTF


This game features an unusually high number of objects and limbs entering torsos.

-WEISS JUST FUCKING DROVE HIS HAND THROUGH NERO’S TORSO

-This clearly wasn’t Nero doing some kind of pre-planned self-sacrifice. He was surprised.

-Weiss tosses Nero away, both literally and figuratively. “I’m finished with you.” Nero’s body dissolves as it hits the ground, leaving just those metal wings of his.

-Looks like I was right about a thing. Hooray! Celebration! Weiss says he’s “one with Omega,” similar to Vincent and Chaos.

-Weiss is wearing two massive shotguns on his back, sheathed like swords.

WEISS: “There is nothing that can destroy me. Nothing.” I’m betting that not too long from now you’ll be destroyed, so… yeah, probably not lol.

Wait wtf is going on

WEISS: “Vincent Valentine. So we meet again… still in the dark?”

HELL YES I’M IN THE DARK. WHO TF ARE YOU?

Okay. Before he gives the answer, let me see if I can figure it out. It probably is related to the Lucrecia experiments. Or maybe something related to Grimoire. I guessed at first that Nero was actually Grimoire, which turned out to be wrong. Maybe Weiss is?

No. That doesn’t make sense. He looks way younger than Grimoire was, and just flat out too different.

I got nothing.

-Three years ago (so we met him back in FFVII’s base game, if I understand the timeline), he was looking for Sephiroth.



Everything about these taunts make me sure that I met Weiss before in some prior game or form. He says his body died, but he survived as data in virtual reality.

YOU’RE FUCKING KIDDING ME



WEISS IS HOJO WEISS IS HOJO

HAHAHAHAHA

THIS IS AWESOME

---

Next time: WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFhdjklsfhdsklhfJFDSHFJKLDSHJKL