Monday, February 15, 2016

Wildstar - Level 11: Forlla in Wonderland



Summary: Questing around the strange and gorgeous Celestion.

[note: already posted this, but accidentally reverted to an earlier draft.  Grr.


Story

-LOLOL!  The First Consort's sage advice:

"Death is also part of the Weave.  (That means it's okay if you kill them.)"

-Finished up in Bonerazer Village, the Draken encampment. 


Chua IT.

Knocked out power, killed elders, killed their Matriarch. 


-Killed the poorly named Grevitch the Gruesome, a group quest. 

 

He's kind of adorable, no?

-Speaking of adorable.  And fucked up.  The next quest hub is a Mordesh science area called Grimveil Enclave.  Torturing test subjects to gauge pain tolerance, involuntary medical procedures and cloning, real nasty stuff.  I temporarily leave this to head back to help out some Aurin.

-Some interesting philosophical splits within the Aurin.  Some want to just protect the forest, and some want to really go on the attack against the Chua and Dominion.

-There's an energy source on Nexus called a "Primal Matrix" which can be stronger in some places than others.

-hahahahah - found a little Alice-in-Wonderland side area.  I ate a mushroom near a small hole.  The mushroom shrunk me down, and I followed a white "jabbit" into its cave, and got a treasure: a cup of tea and a "curious" mushroom. 





There's also a "hookah-smoking splorg" in the cave.

-JESUS I CAN'T GET OVER HOW BEAUTIFUL THIS GAME IS! 




I had a segment just now where I had to bounce on these giant mushrooms that gave me levitate/low-grav effect through a waterfall to collect batches of fireflies.



I'm sitting here with my jaw dropped.

-The Chua are super fucked up.  They genetically and mechanically altered some of the buzzbings (wasp-types) in the area to hypnotize local wildlife and attack us.

Thankfully, it backfired. 



GO BUZZBINGS!

---

Mechanics

-This is the first level where I don't have much in the way of new mechanics.  A new AMP and a new Ability Tier Point.

-For the tier point, I was planning to fully boost Mind Burst until I hit the four point major upgrade, but no can do.  I have to wait a little while before putting the second point there, to encourage me to distribute my points more evenly I think.

Instead, I'll put the point into Geist.  The first major upgrade gives the Geist lifesteal and transfers health to me, which is awesome.

-The lone AMP point isn't that helpful right now.  I want a second tier ability next, and it'll cost four AMP.



-Started to collect herbs in the wild.  Interesting collection style.  Instead of clicking on them, I have to hit the plants with my abilities and collect the "loot" that spills out of them.

-New kind of quest in this session: mini-games!  Reaction time and memory tests. 



Fun and nice variety.