Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Wildstar - Level 14: A Mind Divided

Summary: Met the Caretaker - both aspects - and took out some Dominion intelligence.

[Pace note: levels are taking longer as more stuff unlocks, so I'll be releasing these on a Tuesday/Thursday (and occasionally Saturday) schedule instead of Monday/Wednesday/Friday.]



Story

Celestion

-The team of explorers is assembled and ready to dive headlong into the Eldan science lab, Exo-Site N22.  Accessed the panel to enter the Exo-Site, and.. HEY, IT'S THAT GUY!



The Caretaker.

He's called the Caretaker and the Augmentation Avatar.  He featured prominently in Wildstar's marketing before the game released, so I assume this guy is a major deal.  He seems to have a split personality, sometimes genial and sometimes cacklingly homicidal.






-The Caretaker is split between the Augmentation Avatar and the Safety Avatar.  The Augmentation Avatar is the angry red personality who wants to clone our races and make an augmented army.  The Safety Avatar is the more polite green personality who wants to help us.

-The Exiles have a spy group called the Black Hoods.  They're opposed by a Dominion intelligence agency called the Imperial Core of Intelligence ("ICI"). 



After I left the Exo-Site, infiltrated and destroyed some ICI shenanigans.

---

Mechanics

-Two new zones opened up to me, Galeras and Thayd.  Galeras is a quest zone I'll get to eventually.  I think I'm overleveled, and if speed were my goal I'd leave Celestion now.  However, I'm not in a rush.  I like doing the quests.  I want to spend more time with crafting before I leave Celestion too.  No rush.

-Thayd is the capital city.  That, I'm looking forward to visiting.

-HOUSING UNLOCKS!  I think this'll actually be an option when I reach Thayd, but hell.  fucking.  yes.

---

Tradeskills

-Picked up the habit of going out of my way to kill beasts I see for tailoring materials.

-Survivalist Tier 2!  Chopped a bunch of trees with my laser chainsaw.



---

New Abilities

Restraint: AoE field that roots and damages enemies.  Nice for group solo situations.

Blade Dance: Similar to Mind Burst.  This is an aoe finisher.  It consumes psi points and does damage to a group.  However, instead of doing the damage in a rectangle in front of me all at once, it does the damage over two second in a circle around me. 

Going to try swapping from Mind Burst to Blade Dance for a few levels, see how it goes.

Follow Through [AMP]: A second tier assault AMP.  Hitting with an assault finisher (e.g. Blade Dance) buffs my attack power briefly.

This opened up Assault AMP tier 3. 



The next ability I'll try for is worth 6 points.