Monday, February 1, 2016

Wildstar - Level 6: Airstrike

Summary: The Elderoot is ready to share his knowledge when the Chua bomb him, killing the ancient tree.  The Exiles plot revenge.



Story

-I don't know that I'll ever get tired of these smiling vegetable faces.

-Did all we can to help ride Old Mr. Elderoot of his parasites and renew his roots.  Time to head back to talk to him.

-Well, he's grateful we relieved his pain and actually willing to pass his knowledge on.  That's unexpected.

"It may take several lifetimes."

This guy really is pretty Entish.

-Oh shit!  He was about to tell us "the Eldan's darkest secrets," when a Chua ship flew above and bombed the Elderoot, destroying him.  Well.  Damn.  What a troll, game.  That's kind of sad, given how ancient the Elderoot was.


Paradise lost.

-Queen Myala is pissed and sends her First Consort out to lead a counterstrike.  Dr. Lazarin is similarly despondent since his hopes of learning a cure for the Mordesh contagion are done.

-The next quest hub is Bloodbloom Vale.  Lazarin and First Consort Arwick are here for some vengeance.  The music here really kicks ass.

-Leveled up as a I started moving through the Dominion camp, blowing stuff up and killing some Chua and other Dominion.



---

Mechanics

-At level 6, I got access to my first group thing: an "expedition," which is like a dungeon but can be done with a flexible number of players.  I remember the one that just opened up, "Fragment Zero," from my last go around with Wildstar and can't wait to get back to it.

Well... I can wait.  I'll do it later.

-Really like the "Suggestions" showing activities that are open for my level.



-Access to "Walatiki Temple," a pvp battleground, and boy do I NOT want to do that.  PvP is just not my thing.

-Two new zones opened up, Algoroc and Celestion.  I'll probably get to one of those after I finish Everstar Grove.

-The big thing this level is that I got my first three "Support" abilities.  Some classes tank, but as an Esper, the support abilities heal.  Pretty straight forward:

-Mind Over Body restores health to a target and gives one Psi Point.  The main builder.
-Reverie restores health to the entire group and consumes all Psi Points.  The main finisher.
-Phantasmal Armor grants a big bubble/shield to a target plus an interrupt armor.  45 second cooldown.  The main "OMFG WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE" ability.

For now, I'm gonna try out Reverie in place of Telekinetic Blade, just to get used to using a heal.



-Not sure what the animation is supposed to be for Reverie.  Looks like yellow things float above my head briefly.