Monday, February 8, 2016

Wildstar - Level 9: Through the Woods

Summary: Finished up in Emberwood and moved onto Woodhaven and Cursewood.  Some new types of soldier path missions. 


Story

Celestion

-Finished up putting out the fires in Emberwood, including a soldier path mission to use a fire extinguisher on poor burning forest animals. 



Those massive green ogre things, Greenbough Guardians, came in and stomped the rest of the Dominion forces there.

The environment here seems so pretty!  Like this flower:



...as long as you don't poke it, that is.  Then, it pops of the ground and turns into this:



-One of the missions here let me practice healing.  It send me to a training gym where I got to practice healing up these boxing robots walking around. 



Glad I got to try healing there instead of in a group first.


-Moved onto the Exile town of Woodhaven.  A Granok named John Rogum gives a quick tour around the place. 



-WOOHOO!!  Found my first expedition.  It's the "Fragment Zero" thing I remember from my first encounter with Wildstar a while back.  I'll come back here in a bit.  Next level maybe.





-New area of Celestion: "Cursewood."  A gloomy area where I help a Mordesh "Viralist" kill off some of the Draken inhabiting it.

 
More details on the Draken than I probably needed.



---

Mechanics

-Seven Limited Action Set button number 7 opened up.  One more to go.

-Two new support abilities.  First, Pyrokinetic Flame which both does damage over time AND healing over time to enemies/allies near the target.  Won't use it solo.

-The second support ability I'll try out though.  Projected Spirit lets me dash forward and heal myself and allies.  Doesn't spend psi points.

-The screenshot button is notoriously finicky for some reason.  For some reason, PrtScrn works sometimes but not other times, and I have no idea why.  It's pretty frustrating.

-Reputations are a thing in Wildstar.  I enjoy them in WoW as a side-thing.  Curious how they'll be implemented here.

-Taxis - flying taxis, I assume - are faster forms of travel between hubs.



-New Soldier path mission type: "SWAT."  SWAT missions give me a new kind of weapon to test out.  Way more fun than the holdout mission!

-Oho, ANOTHER new soldier path mission type!  "Assassination."  Had to go out and kill an unusually tough monster. 



I hope I get more of these.  Tons of fun!