Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Wildstar - Level 7: Geist to Meet You

Summary: Escaped the burning Bloodbloom Vale for the new forest of Celestion.  Got an adorable/horrifying (adorafying?) little buddy: the Geist.


Story

Everstar Grove - Bloodbloom Vale

-Did another holdout in Bloodbloom Vale, one of those Soldier-specific quests.  Another "fight off waves of monsters" quest to clear some encamped rats.

-I cleared a path through the Dominion camp, Camp Firestorm, defeating a mini-boss called a Firestorm Tank.  Lot of dodging the pulsing crap it put on the ground.  Love the active combat in game!

-Gotta emphasize how fucking incredible this music here in Camp Firestorm is, how intense:



-After Camp Firestorm was cleared, I met Queen Everstar and Dr. Lazarin in a nearby cave.  They opened up a portal to help the Exiles escape the ruined Everstar Grove.

-Oh.  We're not just in "a cave:"

Queen Everstar: "The 'caverns' we're standing in are what remains of Elderoot's root network.  When he died, all that remained of him drained into these caves.  Oh, Elderoot... I wish we'd had more time together."

 

-She was able to salvage a seed from the Elderoot!  The next mission is to take the portal she opened to Celestion, a forest on Nexus, and plant it there.  It'd be awesome if we got to meet the Elderoot sapling down the line.

--

Celestion

-JFC THIS MUSIC THOUGH

-Seriously.  As soon as I entered, I got this hauntingly beautiful mystic forest music and I've been sitting here listening to it for two minutes.

-The intro voice guy who tells me what Celestion is about is wonderful as always.  The Dominion "got their ass kicked in Everstar Grove," and are burning down the forest of Celestion in revenge.



Well said.

-A quick look at the map already tells me this place is WAY bigger than Everstar Grove.

-Queen Everstar came through the portal and seem to be a main questgiver in Celestion.

-Ooh!  My question from a few levels ago gets answered, about what "the Weave" is.  It's a force that the Aurin believe ties nature together, where Aurin souls return when they die.  Makes me think of the Lifestream from FFVII.

-She talks about feeling the trees' pain, and I think she means that literally... yup.  A medical notice from Dr. Lazarin confirms this.

Hee!  It also contains this gem: "I should really find the organ containing my medical conscience and replace it with something more useful."  Bless the Mordesh.

---

Mechanics

-Gained Bolster, a support ability that's a two-stack-max heal over time.

-Decided to table my heal, Reverie, while questing.  Replacing it with my new ability...

-...Geist!  This is immediately my new favorite ability.  It summons a short-lived and non-controllable pet, a ghostly spider with a massive mouth of teeth and an EYEBALL FLOATING ABOVE HER HEAD.  The design is funny and creative and a little creepy.  Just like Wildstar.

 
Who's the most adorable little ghostly spider blob eyeball monster?  YOU ARE.

Her effect is pretty awesome too.  She reduces my damage taken by 15% while she's out for defense, generates heavy threat for tanking, and does some damage.  She's an all-rounder.



-A new Limited Action Set opened up to me at level 6.  I can keep my main solo spec but if I decide to do group or pvp stuff and want to build a set for that, it's easy enough.