Monday, March 9, 2015

FFVII – Part 22: Cloud on Parade

Summary: Cloud infiltrates Shinra’s parade for the new President Rufus, while I enter the hell that is reaction time mini-games with unfamiliar controls.


Under Junon

-I see. The dolphin will jump me to the top of the tower.

-After a few jumps of trial and error in this mini-game, we get it.




Up we go.

---

Airport

-Quite a snazzy airship President Shinra’s successor has got! You might call it his… *sunglasses* heir-ship?

-Inside, one of the military dudes thinks Cloud is military, trying to get him to change. Ah, good ol’ cosplaying Cloud returns.

CLOUD: “A Shinra uniform. I was so proud when I first put it on. I wonder when it was… I couldn’t stand wearing this thing anymore.”

-LOL they’re singing to Cloud and teaching him the Welcoming March.

---

Welcome Parade

-…Dammit. My bane. A reaction time mini game. I’m supposed to go “Aaaah Aaaah!” and then wave my gun, but I have no frigging clue how during the actual parade.

-Took an elevator down that popped me in Under Junon, but can’t exit yet. Gotta do this welcome parade.

-Now I have to sneak into the parade. This is really frustrating, because every time I try to go in he pulls me back. No clue how to do this.

“Don’t play around!”

“No, what are you doing?”

“Don’t play around!”

“No, what are you doing?”

“Don’t play around!”

WELL TELL ME HOW TO USE THE FUCKING CONTROLS FOR THIS RATHER THAN JUST SAYING “CHARGE!”


I swear, this guy went to the Navi School of Teaching. HEY, LISTEN! HEY! HEY, LISTEN!

He says to go in to an opening in the line from the back. I’ve tried that like 10 times and keep getting pulled back.

-Finally. They eventually did some gun thing, but no idea how to do it. At least that’s over. Christ, if I never hear that march music again it’ll be too soon. At least I got the TV director for Shinra fired.

-Rufus and Heidegger discuss his airship. Should be ready to go in about 3 days. Or sooner than that maybe, after Rufus chewed out Heidegger for being too slow.


Striving to be an even bigger dick than his dad. Reach for the stars, Rufus!

-Sephiroth’s been roaming the city.

-Sweet mother of Jesus. Another mini-game where I have to press the right keys in the right order. X, V, space, C, left, right

-ahhahaha

Cloud gets to pick a “special” move for their formation, and does his post-combat victory twirl.

---

Junon

-There’s a bar in town where Rude is gambling.

-Weapons and materia store. Bought a weapon upgrade for Cloud and Red (want to try him out), but can’t afford anything else.

-Found a tutorial building.

-Beneath this place are Submarine Docks (!!) and an Underwater Mako Reactor.

-Hey, it’s Reno, Tseng, and Elena chilling at a diner.


Hi, guys!

-I’ve found two items in this town called “1/35th Soldier.” I’m really curious what’ll happen on the off chance that I collect 35.

---

Port Junon

-I think the time for synchronized shit is coming. X, V, Space, C, Left, Right. Come on, Coldrun.

-DAMMIT THEY CHANGED IT UP ON ME GAFHDAJKLFHAJKLFHAJKLFHAKL.


Guess which of these soldiers is Cloud.

Got 90 points out of who knows how many on Rufus’s mood meter. Well, whatever. Fuck him. Hope he has a bad day. Got “HP Plus” materia.

-Our party sneaks onto the ship. The music that I call “Coldrun’s Minigame March of Failure” finally fades, replaced by something less in-your-face.

---

Next time: Weeeeee’re sailiiiiiiing awaaaaaaay…