Saturday, March 7, 2015

Fitness - Day 18: And Level 3 Ahead

A look at Nutrition Level 3.




So what are some key elements of level 3 to work on?

  • Drink lots of water - coffee, tea, diet soda sometimes okay too instead of liquid calories. 
  • Try to eat a "healthy" breakfast each day, with a good amount of protein and some fruit.
  • Make sure each meal has a protein source.
  • Eat mindfully much more often.  This means to eat without doing other stuff (reading, gaming, watching tv).
This isn't an immediate change.  Much like level 2, there are a bunch of things to work on.  I'll take it piece-by-piece.

---

Today went okay, but was tougher than the week.  As I've wrote in some of my FFVI reflections, I don't have a tremendously active life beyond work, which makes weekends tougher than the working week when my mind is more engaged.  I resisted the temptation to truly binge, but did eat more Hershey's nuggets during the day than I intended.  I get restless, and it's habit to eat when I'm restless. 

However, I was able to limit it.

---

I went for a walk today.  2.34 miles, 42:45 minutes.  It was wonderful.  First day in Minnesota in a while it's been this warm (felt like high 30s today). 

--

Breakfast, 7:00am: Two egg omelet with chicken.  Slice of spam, slice of toast with butter. - DONE

Lunch, 11:00am: Peanut butter and jelly sandwich, Ramen soup, and one Hershey nugget. - DONE

Snack, 2:30pm: Corn chips with salsa. - DONE

Snack, 5:00pm: Cheez-its. - DONE

Dinner, 7:00pm: Pasta with tomato sauce and pearl onions.  Four Hershey nuggets. - DONE

Random snacking, 10:00am and 4:00pm: 16 Hershey Nuggets.