Monday, March 9, 2015

Fitness - Day 20: Level 3 Breakfast

Time to start focusing on nutrition level 3, starting with breakfast.




One pillar of nutrition level 3 is eating a healthy breakfast.  What does this mean, in "Nerd Fitness Academy" terms?

Cutting out grains is key.  This means removing oatmeal and toast from my personal menu.

It also involves shifting away from processed foods.  That puts Spam on the chopping block.

Nerd Fitness Academy provides a huge amount of breakfast recipes that fit its criteria.  A lot of them involve things that I don't have offhand - a muffin tray, food processor, 20-30 minutes of cooking, stuff like that.  Which is fine and exciting!  I'll experiment over the coming months with new breakfast dishes and combos.  I enjoy cooking much more than I had expected to, and there's so much room to grow.

What I want is something to start with.  A template that I can use regularly and expand on as I desire.  Something easy, basic.  Here's what I'm starting with:
  • Two eggs (scrambled, omelet, sunnyside-up, fried) with bacon.  Fruit sometimes.
  • A smoothie with frozen fruit (varied kinds), whole milk, yogurt.  Maybe some peanut butter?  The smoothie seems like a pretty flexible breakfast thing.
I don't have yogurt at home now, but I'll get some on Wednesday when I go grocery shopping.  

---

Breakfast, 7:30am: Two scrambled eggs with salsa.  Four slices of bacon.

Lunch, 11:00am: Tuna sandwich with tomato and mayonnaise, corn chips, banana. 

Snack, 2:30pm: Bagel with cream cheese.

Snack, 5:00pm: Pepperoni Pizza Lean Pocket.

Dinner, 7:00pm: Roast chicken breast with mashed potatoes and mixed frozen vegetables.  Small serving of ice cream.