Sunday, March 8, 2015

Fitness - Day 19: Mordor-Bound

Starting to walk in earnest.  Beginning the "Walk to Mordor" project.



Walking felt so good yesterday.  It felt natural.  Clean, fresh, and natural.  The Nerd Fitness site has described a project to "walk to Mordor," to follow the distance and milestones taken by Frodo et al.  It sounds like a cool way to frame things.  I think I'll try it.


---

Breakfast, 9:15am: Omelet with American cheese, tomato, green pepper, and turkey.  Hash browns.  Bottled frappuccino. - DONE

 I hadn't eaten out in a while, and decided to go this morning.

Lunch, 12:30pm: Peanut butter and jelly sandwich, corn chips, banana, and two Hershey nuggets. - DONE

Snack, 2:30pm: Chips and salsa. - DONE

Snack, 5:00pm: Popcorn. - DONE

Dinner, 7:00pm: Pasta with tomato sauce and frozen mixed vegetables.  Small serving of ice cream. - DONE

Unintended snacking, 5:00pm: Ate a bunch of Hershey's nuggets, about six.

---

Walk to Mordor - Bag End to Rivendell
http://home.insightbb.com/~eowynchallenge/Tools/Bag_end/bag_end.html

Today: 4.14 miles.  Night time walk.  I went out intending to just go for a brief walk, but the stars were out, the streets were almost empty.  I got to sing along with the Decemberists album I had on my iPhone without getting weird looks.  I got to pet a golden labradoodle out for a walk.

0 0 Leave Bag End at full dark (ca. 7 p.m.). Go around (W) end, jump hedge.
1 1 Go through gate into a lane. Head west.
2 1 Leave lane, follow hedgerows south.
3 1 Cross The Water on a plank bridge

Cumulative: 4.14 miles