Friday, March 13, 2015

Fitness - Day 24: Protein All Day

The last two days have gone badly.  I mentally give up sometimes, and these last two days I didn't plan early, binged (moderately, but still) on chips/salsa, and ice cream.

Not going to beat myself down about it.  Moving on.

Two more pillars of nutrition level 3 to address - protein with every meal and mindful eating.  Today, I'll look at the protein.




This should actually be one of the easier ones to do.  I already put protein in most of my meals by chance, but let's be intentional about it.  I'll look at this in the context of my current most common Level 3 meals.  Protein in bold.

(Protein list: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/02/12/protein-and-tetris-building-blocks-of-muscle-development/)

Breakfast:

  • Bacon and eggs
  • Smoothie with fruit, milk, and peanut butter/yogurt
Lunch
  • Peanut butter and jelly sandwich on white/wheat bread with pretzels/chips, and fruit
  • Tuna/chicken sandwich on white/wheat bread with tomato, mayo, pretzels/chips, and fruit
Dinner


  • Pasta with tomato sauce
  • Chicken/steak with mashed potatoes and vegetables.

So I'm in a pretty good place with this.  It's really just with pasta dinner that I need to add a protein.  I'll do so by adding in some canned chicken/tuna/beans and reducing the amount of pasta.


---

Breakfast, 7:15am: Smoothie with cup of fruit, cup of whole milk, and peanut butter.  (Forgot to get yogurt; will pick up some today as a binder in place of peanut butter.) - DONE

Lunch, 11:00am: Peanut butter and jelly sandwich with pretzels and banana. - DONE

Snack, 3:00pm: Cheez-its. - DONE

Snack, 5:30pm: Four Hershey nuggets. - DONE

Dinner, 7:00pm: Pasta with salmon and tomato sauce.  Small serving of frozen yogurt.

Unplanned snacking: At 1:00pm I had a bag of M&Ms, and at 3:30pm, I had a bag of potato skins, each from the vending machine.  I felt unbelievably hungry at each of those times.  Not sure why.  I'll add that the food I ate only took the edge off rather than satisfying me.

That's okay for the moment.  From what others who have gone through Nerd Fitness Academy report, it's much easier for food to fill you up naturally when mostly paleo.  I'll do my best in the meanwhile.

---
  
Walk to Mordor - Bag End to Rivendell
http://home.insightbb.com/~eowynchallenge/Tools/Bag_end/bag_end.html

Today: 0.93 miles over 14:15.  Short walk on errands after work.

Cumulative: 13.9 miles.