Thursday, December 3, 2015

FFVIII – Part 5: Stroll Through the Garden

Summary: I explore the different wings of the school.


B-Garden

-Played some more Triple Triad and lost three straight games. I played my big guns too early – I’ll try to be more restrained, gradually one-upping what the opponent puts out in the future. This puts me below the five minimum cards, so… I guess that’s it lol. No idea how to get more cards without winning them in games yet.

-A kid is jogging. Ok.

-There’s a card club called CC Group. Sounds like a challenge!

-Squall apparently has a rep among the faculty as a “problem child.”



---

Library

-An evil sorceress used to govern a country called Esthar. Percentage chance the evil sorceress is relevant to this game, either through key back story or a key appearance: 5,473,890%

-There’s a pixely purple thing on the ground. I clicked it, and it said “You found a draw point! No one can draw…” I wonder if I kept Relm’s phone number.

-WTF GIRL IN THE LIBRARY!



Not even a spoiler warning. Heartless.

-Prior text said that the monsters in the Training Center can kill me, so I’ll go there last.

-Not much to see in the parking lot. Probably where I pop my vehicle once I get one.

---

Dormitory

-Squall’s bedroom.

-There’s a case at the foot of his bed. Instrument? Sword? Probably sword.



-I can rest here. Haven’t fought yet, but likely replenishes health and mana.

-There’s an adjacent room. I was looking for a spare white coat to indicate that it’s Seifer’s room. No luck. Not sure who it belongs do.

-The flavor text around the school is great. Kids goofing off or worrying about tests or just doing random stuff. The SeeD tests are a hot topic.

---

Cafeteria

-Seifer is here, along with a man and woman. The woman, Fujin, is yelling at Seifer, which seems to annoy him.

-The man is Raijin.

-Fujin is very shouty.

-LOLOLOL – Raijin tells Squall that Fujin’s gonna buy them drinks, and Fujin just walks up to him, stops, and kicks him in the shins.




She scares the crap out of Raijin and I immediately love her.

-Some random dude runs into the cafeteria late for hot dogs.


The struggle is real.

-Random No-Hot Dog dude leaves, and everyone kind of face palms. This game is already the funniest FF since FFV.

-Seifer runs to detain the student for speeding, which is a violation of regulations. He must be one of the honors students or prefects or whatever the higher-tier students in the school are. Maybe even on the Disciplinary Committee. Fujin and Raijin follow.

(I hope Fujin never turns her caps lock off. She’s so glorious.)

-hahahaha – one of the cafeteria workers starts talking about her job history and Squall is super bored. XD



-oh god, I’m dying. Dead. She keeps going on and on about how the kids are full of energy and she’s full of energy and she’s like a kid and still pretty young and she has a son Squall’s age and Squall has to figure out how to get out of the conversation.


The true Big Bad of FFVIII is Small Talk.

-Then I listened some more, and her story got kind of sweet and sad! Her son wasn’t that bright but had dreams. He ran off to pursue those dreams. The woman and her husband got lonely and missed him. She wonders what he’s up to.

I hope I meet him at some point.

-A bunch of students are hanging out in the cafeteria, including some Trepies. One of whom recites poetry to Quistis.

---

Quad

-A girl asks Squall if he plays an instrument, but he doesn’t answer. He walks away, and she pursues him with a one-sided conversation.

-It’s Selphie! (I think. She says she ran into Squall earlier.) She’s on the Garden Festival Planning Committee.

-She literally. Does. Not. Stop. Following. Squall.


Fleeing.

-Someone else says that the Garden Festival committee members are “dispatched to conflicts around the world.” Um. Wow. I thought that committee would just be like a prom committee.

-Stopped by the infirmary. Dr. Kadowaki was in, but not much to do or see there.

---

Next time: going to read the tutorial about combat and set foot into the Training Center. I’ll likely die.