Thursday, December 31, 2015

New Year - Soft Reset

Hi!  New Year is my favorite holiday.  A time for re-charging, re-setting, re-energizing.  Re-focusing.

I finished off this year losing focus, losing progress I made, but I'm not losing hope.  Just the opposite.  Feeling optimistic as the new year approaches, and part of that involves a "soft reset."  Tomorrow will again be "Day 1," and rather than judging myself by the 275 weight that's long in the rear-view mirror now,  I'll look at whatever weight I am tomorrow as my new starting point in 2016.

Specific goals after the jump!

---


Goal #1: Drop to 190 lbs at a rate of 5-8 pounds per month.  To do this, focus on calorie counting, sticking to that limit daily as much as possible, keeping my dishes/utensils clean to encourage cooking at home, and limiting the damage when I go over. (i.e. if I go over, go over by 100 or 300 calories, giving up and going 1,000+ as seldom as possible.)

Goal #2: Gradually build strength and stamina to supplement weight loss.  To do this, walk 30 minutes three times per week, and do push-ups/planking every third day.

---

And... that's kind of it?  If I do those things, I believe I'll meet my goals.

A rough end to a great year behind me.  I can't wait for 2016.  41 minutes to go.

Thank you for everyone who reads this for being here with me. :)