Saturday, December 26, 2015

Coldrun Fitness - Day 154 (Notes on this week's absence)

This was a strange week.

I fell back into my old eating habits of pure binging, always eating out and getting junk food from the local gas station, and never feeling remotely hungry.  At first, I made excuses like, "I can fast one day and make up for it," or "It's just a brief thing," but it became a pattern.

Odd, how easy it was to slip back into that.  Never been good at coping with stress, and this was my primary method.  Felt lonely and frustrated and ashamed and restless.

The week is thankfully over.  Probably gained 4-5 pounds.  (Yes, it was that bad.)  But my progress over the past 154 days wasn't lost just with one bad week.  A setback, and one that'll take a couple of weeks to recover from.

When I weigh in tomorrow, I'll try to not freak out, even though it'll probably be closer to 141 lbs.  Chill, move on.

I'm not a piece of shit.  I'm not.