Sunday, November 9, 2014

FFVI – Part 12: Visiting Moogles (Terra’s scenario)

Summary: Shorter scenario this time. Terra, Edgar, and Banon ride the raipds, head to Narshe, and zip through the mines to slip past the guards. We then meet up with the old man who helped Terra earlier, Arvis, and plot how to reach the esper. End of scenario.


Lethe River

-Back to the rapids.

-All on rails so far, with a couple of fights.

-Short ride. Off near Narshe.

---

Narshe

-We’re now able to get into the secret door from whence Locke popped out with Terra, but I first want to explore the town a bit more.

-Heh, never mind. The guards stop us.


Edgar is annoyed that we’re turned away.

---

Narshe Mines

-Monsters here haven’t been updated. Still the wererats and mechanics.

-We reach a maze thing. A light traces a circuitous path through. Banon tells us we have to follow that path or get surrounded by evil lights? Or something.



However, I was able to remember the safe path the light showed me, and we go through without incident.

-Banon feels really overpowered with a free group heal. I worry it’s like Zeninage or Gil Toss from past games, but my gil seems to be unaffected by how much he prays.

-We again find that door-looking rock from our first time here, but I can’t get through.

-A GAGGLE OF MOOGLES! HELLO!



-Each gives me a hearty “Kupo!” I can’t see their names though. Too bad. I was hoping to thank Cosmog and Moguel for their stellar work.

-One stoic fellow isn’t running around. I think at first that this means something, but I think now it’s just flavor. All he says differently is “Kupo………po!”

-Got a Rune Blade. It’s similar to the legendary Rune Axe from FFV, where it spends MP to crit. I give it to Edgar for single-target fights when he probably won’t use his Auto-Crossbow or Bioblaster.

-Not sure yet whether it’s a positive or negative sign for FFVI that this is already the second time we’rve revisited old ground. First with the South Figaro Cave, and now here. We’ll see.

-Out of the mines.

---

Narshe

-Old Man’s house. He now has a name, Arvis, and greets us all warmly.

-The town’s staying neutral so far, despite Arvis urging them to join the Returners.

-The townspeople may let us see the esper, but we’ll have to be delicate about it.

-End of scenario.

---

Next time: Sabin’s scenario.