Tuesday, November 18, 2014

FFVI – Part 21: Truly Outrageous Terra

Summary: Terra talks to the esper, and morphs into possibly an esper herself, flying west. The rest of the team members split up. Sabin and Cyan stay behind to guard the esper while Celes, Locke, Gau, and Edgar follow Terra’s trail to the west through the subway system that is Figaro Castle.


Narshe Cliffs

-Time to see the esper.

-Well, it’s there. Frozen chicken form and all.

-Terra is affected. The screen flashes blue.

-OH SHIT EVERYONE GOT KNOCKED DOWN



-The esper’s name flashed briefly, but then got covered up by dialogue. I think it was Valigamanda or something.

-Terra pleads with the esper to tell her (and me please) wtf is going on.



-Beautiful and eerie music.

-It starts doing the blue zappy thing to her.

-WTF WTF SHE TURNED INTO JEM AND FLEW OFF THE CLIFF WITH THIS INCREDIBLE HOWLING SCREAM NOISE


Terra flying.



---

Narshe

-Locke wakes up in a bed in Arvis’s house, a.k.a. “The Bed of Recovery from Being Knocked Out By the Esper.”

-Celes is nearby, and says Terra looked like an esper. AHA! Could that be why she’s naturally magical?

-She flew west beyond Figaro. I had assumed Figaro was buried, but I guess it rose.

-Ok. Some will stay to guard the esper, some will searc for Terra.

-Figaro can shuttle to the western continent. Really? Not just submerging, but also moving while submerged? Wow. That’s some castle.

-Edgar thinks Kohlingen or Jidoor, towns in the west, will have clues.

-I’m given the chance to form a party again. I’m tempted to take four members and leave two behind, but I worry that if I leave only two behind they’ll be shorthanded if they have to actively defend the esper from whatever. I’ll take Celes, Gau, and Edgar.

-Lots of restocking in town for armor, weapons, and potions.

-One of the houses in Narshe is full of treasures, but one box is locked.


Come on! WHAT’S IN THE BOX???

-Actually, screw it. Locke can come too.

-Someone saw moogles playing with yetis. Um. Ok.

-Alright, time to go.

---

Figaro

-Short trek across the desert, and then we arrive at the un-submerged castle of Figaro.

-Edgar comments that Sabin should see the castle again. Oops. I’ll try to bring him here later.

-I buy a lot of each status-curing potion I can access.

-Hey, new tools! Drill and flash. I test them in the desert. Drill causes massive single-target damage, and Flash causes group darkness.


Drill.

-The prisoners are still in their cells.



I’m watching you, Lone Wolf.

-We dive the castle and head west.

---

Next time: exploring around Kohlingen.