Sunday, November 23, 2014

FFVI – Part 25: Casting Change

Summary: Finished up in Zozo, with a Chainsaw for our troubles. We head back to Jidoor to find a ship to Imperial lands, but no luck. The backup plan, to hijack a gambler named Setzer’s airship, takes us to the opera house.


Zozo

-I can leave here, but I know I missed stuff (including the clock puzzle), so will stick around a bit to explore.

-Got the Brigand’s Glove, which turns Lock’s “Steal” into “Mug.”


My new goal is to Meteor Strike as many giants as possible. Whee!

-At the clock again.

-Ok, I think I got the gist of it. Zozo residents gave me five different hours, and I have six hourly options. I’ll assume that all are liars, and the remaining time that they didn’t tell me is correct.

-The problem is that I don’t have such specific information on the minute. The second I at least can guess at, either 00:10 or 00:50 (not “divisible by 4”). I didn’t write down any minute hand information.

-SUCCESS! Took some (educated) trial and error, but got it. A stairway opened up to the hidden room.

-GOT A CHAINSAW WTF WTF. Not equippable, but I think it’s for Edgar. I feel kind of bad that I left him behind. I hope it one-shots any zombies we come across.

---

Jidoor

-Much different dialogue this time around. “The Gambler always conducts his business with pomp and pageantry.” A general saying, or is this in reference to a specific gambler? The fact that it was capitalized makes me think that he’s talking about someone specific.

-Correct. This “Gambler” is also an opera fan, in love with Maria.

-We need an airship to reach the Empire. Do we have to find Cid, or maybe do we buy one at the auction house?

-Nope. “Today’s auction is over” still.

-Owzer’s Mansion. This time, a new character is here: the Impresario.

-He thinks that Celes is Maria at first. This is like the third time someone’s commented on them looking alike.

-Impresario says that the opera’s in trouble and leaves. Ok.

-Checked the paintings again,b ut still all the same. I feel like I’m missing some puzzle here, especially with the flower painting that says it seems alive.

-Impresario dropped a letter on his way out.

-WTF

-“The Wandering Gambler” is coming to kidnap and marry Maria.



I seriously hope they have a pre-existing relationship rather than him just being a creepy stalker dude.

-Camera changes venue to…

---

Airship

-NEW CHARACTER INTRO SCREEN!! How many playable characters are we going to get in this game? So many so far.

-This new character seems to be a flexibly moral gambling “vagabond” with his own airship, “The Blackjack.” Will FFVI be the first Cid-less game?



-Setzer. I imagine it will be challenging to see this name without reading it as “Seltzer.”

-Ok. So our plan will likely be to head to the opera and meet Setzer the kidnapper there for his airship.

---

Opera House

-Locke wants to jump Setzer when he appears, but the Impresario thinks that’ll ruin the performance. Way to have your priorities in order, dude.



-Hee! The Impresario’s face looks so melodramatic here.

-Locke: “Let him grab her.” Um. Not sure if Maria will like that plan.

-Oh, never mind. Now I see what all that “Celes looks like Maria” talk has been building to. Locke wants to pull a bait-and-switch.

-This is amazing. The image I have of General Celes disguised as an opera singer… yeah, I don’t know how down with this she’ll be.



-LOLOL SHE’S SO MAD AND FREAKED OUT AND ANNOYED

-This is the best thing ever.

-WHAT

-THE

-FUCK



-IT’S ULTROS

-HE’S AN OCTPUS PLOTTING AGAINST US IN AN OPERA HOUSE

-I LIED. ~~THIS~~ IS THE BEST THING EVER.

-He throws a letter for us to read.

-WHICH WE IGNORE LOLOLOL. This annoys Ultros.

---

Next time: I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I think next time will consist of fighting an evil octopus in an opera house while an airship-flying gambler tries to kidnap an Imperial general disguised as an opera singer. Wtf is FFVI.