Sunday, November 9, 2014

New Year's Eve

 The joys of a natural new year.


---

I always like the idea of the new year.  A chance to start fresh, set new goals, restore motivation and energy, and just generally try again.  There are a few different chances to get this:

1) Actual New Year's.  January 1st.

2) A new year specific to your religion/culture.  For me, it could be Rosh Hashanah, but I'm not really observant and don't feel a strong connection to this marker.

3) Something more deeply personal.  Some special anniversary to you, whether something as general as a birthday (that's probably the most literal new year!) or as specific as an anniversary of some event.

I'm going to try option #3.

Winter is wonderful.  Summer sucks, spring can be nice when cool, fall is awesome, but winter is my favorite.  It's refreshing.  It's beautiful!  Whether it's walking through the snow or staying nice and toasty inside while it's frosty outside, the whole package is wonderful.

Tomorrow's projected to be the first snowfall of the year here in Minnesota.  I'm beyond excited.  It's one of the few days that naturally makes me feel clean, like I can do better, start anew.

Tomorrow is my new year.  Longer post then.