Monday, December 8, 2014

FFVI – Part 38: Globetrotting

Summary: Last leg of the world tour. We hit up towns on the western, eastern, and southern continents. This tour nets us a new esper and introduces us to a town of rude jerkfaces.


Dragon’s Neck: Nothing new.

Kohlingen: Shadow was here, but left.

---

Jidoor

-Whoa! An auction’s about to start at the auction house. First time I’ve seen that.


The bidding will start at 2,000 gil…

-I sit in on the bidding for “Angel Wings.” Won it for 10k gil. It casts float on the wearer, which is nice enough I guess, but not worth 10k imo.

-I leave, re-enter, and a new auction is starting. I guess this is always gonna be a thing. Let’s try it once more.

-The item this time is “Angel Ring.” I eventually win for 20,000 gil.

-Aaaaand it sucks. Casts regen on the wearer.

-My guess with the auction house is that it’ll have hard-to-find items that are way overpriced usually, and occasionally have mind-blowingly awesome items. I doubt I’ll use it much. Seems the kind of thing that’ll be more useful on replay, to someone with full knowledge of the items and a specific plan.

-Paintings in Owzer’s Mansion are the same. The guy in the house tries to tell me not to slouch and stuff. Ok.

---

Opera House: Can’t get in. There’s a performance underway.

---

East Isle

-I revisit this as I’ve heard there’s something worth seeing here.

-Not seeing anything still…

-Ooh, now I’m literally not seeing anything. It’s a monster called “Intangir” that’s invisible. I attack for a few rounds, but nothing doing. Eventually I have Terra cast fire, which works.



-AND REVEALS THE MONSTER TO BE A BEHEMOTH THAT STANDS UP WTF

-All my magic heals it and it casts meteor on me. Yeah, I’m running.

---

Thamasa

-Cool, a new town in the east that I didn’t see before!

-With music that makes me… suspicious. It feels like tricksy music.

-Apparently, I’m not the only suspicious one. None of the vendors in town will sell to me. Wtf.

-The townspeople all just say “…hmph!” when I talk to them.

-???? Even the innkeeper dislikes outsiders and tries to charge us 1,500gil? Wtf kind of innkeeper dislikes outsiders?

-An old guy with a mohawk who looks like an older version of General Leo gives me a more elaborate version of “…hmph,” but it basically amounts to the same thing.


Walrus mustache + mohawk = WIN

-YOU’RE ALL NPCS. YOU’RE SUPPOSED TO BLINDLY TRUST ME. Grrr…

-Fine. I can take a hint. Leaving.

---

Maranda: Nothing.

Tzen: Nothing.

Albrook: Someone tried to sell a “strange, glowing stone” to an old man here. He wouldn’t buy, so the vendor went to Tzen. Weird… I didn’t see any such stone there, but will go back to check.

---

Tzen

-I found the stone vendor! He vulture into the raided Magitek Factory and stole a magicite lying around. We buy it for 3,000 gil.

-AND HOLY CRAP IS IT WORTH IT!!!


The Seraph magicite.

-It’s like the ultimate white magic magicite.

---

Vector

-Really hoping we get raid the palace to get Celes back.

-And we get a resounding and immediate answer: “NO.” The Guardian, that seemingly-invincible (but thankfully immobile) turret that had guarded the Imperial Palace is now guarding the town of Vector itself.





I guess the Empire stepped up their defenses after our raid.

-This is especially frustrating because I wanted to win a fight in Vector. It’s a new terrain so probably has a Mog dance. Maybe? I mean, he’s a geomancer, not a city-mancer (like the famed Londonmancer, and a cookie to you if you get this). Oh well. There will hopefully be other cities for combat.

-OH HEY ZOZO’S A THING

---

Next time: Zozo for possible Mog dance, then we try to sneak through the Imperial Outpost to the east.