Friday, August 7, 2015

FFVII Crisis Core – Part 46: Scavenger Hunt

Summary: Zack starts to work on building the flower wagon for Aerith, with the help of the kid he helped earlier.


Sector 5 – Church

-All my remaining missions are “Hard.” Let’s head back to the main story.

-Aerith wants me to pick up materials for the cart. But I have them! They’re right here in my inventory! Must be different materials. Ok.

-And that Angeal clone griffon is just hanging out up in the rafters.



---

Sector 5 Slums

-I head outside and some riot gear wheelies attack.

-Tseng is nearby. He tells us that the riot wheelies are Shinra, deployed to automatically attack monsters and Genesis clones. Uhh…. Unless we’re about to head in a wild direction reminiscent of FFVII, I’m pretty sure Zack’s not a Genesis clone. So wtf?

-Apparently they just can’t tell the difference between clones and SOLDIER. WELL THAT’S KIND OF A BIG FLAW. Maybe you should fix that?

-Zack’s also pissed at Tseng for spying on Aerith, but Tseng does the “just doin’ muh job, ma’am” thing.



-It’s kind of funny how Zack tries super hard to act like he’s just doing HIS duty to protect Aerith from whatever. Tseng doesn’t buy it for a second, and knows that Zack and Aerith have a thing of some sort.

-Tseng leaves. Some random kid wanders by to help Zack build the flower wagon.

-It’s going to be like a scavenger hunt.



Zack has to find all the different wagon parts. Some of them I’m pretty sure I have, but first on the menu I don’t. Tools. Gotta scour the ground for them in Sector 5.

-Interesting. First shiny thing I see on the ground isn’t tools, but a Shinra army mask. Is Cloud hanging around?

-I’m confused. Zack looks longer at the mask and says something I forgot to transcribe, like, “Hm… under ground? Of course… it is the slums after all…” Totally over my head. I don’t get it.

-Next, Zack finds a broken camera on the ground. He wonders who it belongs to, and LITERALLY reads the letters “T – S – E – N – G” on it. HM. IT’S A MYSTERY THAT WILL NEVER BE SOLVED.

-I was about to take that sarcasm back. Maybe Zack can’t read? But he read the letters just fine, so dunno what that was about. He concludes it belongs to a “peeping tom,” so maybe I’m supposed to infer that Tseng is using it to take pictures of Aerith. Super, super creepy if that’s the case.

-Found the tools! The kid tells me I can now build anything “from a flower wagon to a Shinra robot.” Oh god, please tell me this is foreshadowing and I’ll get to build my own robot buddy later.





-Next on the list: wood, from the slum market.

-RANDOM WOMAN: “I heard that the woman the Shinra president dumped died a few years ago.” This also feels like someone I know. I want to say it’s Aerith’s mother, but I can’t remember what her deal was and doubt this person’s referring to her.

-An email tells me Lazard and Hollander have both been killed in action. Yeah. Suuuuure they have. (p.s. WHAT AN AWESOME LAST NAME! “Lazard Deusericus.”)

---

Sector 5 Slums – Street

-Nice details: a random woman here says something she heard about a First failing to apprehend a wanted man in Junon, but adds that she doesn’t really care. Why should they care about the details of Shinra’s doings down here?

-A dude here writes letters to his girlfriend in Nibelheim.

-I find the girl whose uncle we saved from the monsters of Midgar. The uncle returned safely. Huzzah! She tells me his house is in Wall Market. I’ll have to remember that. I’ll bet talking to him gives me either a reward or a follow-up mission.

-He’s apparently super rich, which is good for the reward prospects.



-………………………………..

-…………………………………………………………………………

-…………..fuck. Really, Crisis Core? Really? This is the fuckwad I saved? Of all the wonderful characters from FFVII, this is the one you want to bring back? (I know they brought back plenty of others, but … grrr….) Dear lord.

-AND IT’S EVEN WORSE. Because I was thinking before “this guy has no creepy interest in the girl, I’m just misinterpreting her language in finding him attractive.”

-just

-please no.

---

Sector 5 Slums – Park

-I take a quick detour to the park to see what’s up. Some kids are playing.

-One kid is annoyed at the other. They’re playing SOLDIER, and his friend wants to be “a minor character.” Please let it be zack please let it be zack…

-Oh. Just playing as a Wutai trooper. Ok.

-LOLOL YES!



I see a girl playing with the two boys. They keep bugging her to play as Zack but she has no idea who the hell that is. XD

---

Next time: I continue to work on the flower wagon by heading to the Sector 5 Market.