Saturday, August 22, 2015

FFVII Crisis Core – Part 54: Showdown

Summary: Zack takes on Sephiroth face-to-face at the Nibel Reactor. Sephiroth defeats him, but Cloud finishes the job in style.


Nibelheim

-The fire we know and love.



-Sephiroth stares down Zack, and literally says, “I’m coming to get you.” He refrains from adding “my pretty” by sheer force of will. Lolol then he IMMEDIATELY walks away. Way to follow-up with “I’m coming to get you,” Sephiroth.

-Can’t do anything in the town. It says something that my first thought isn’t “How many townspeople can I save,” but rather, “Where’s the kid? I found out the mystery of the basement and I need to know the Sixth Wonder!” Probably doesn’t say anything good about me though.

---

Mt. Nibel

-There are Death Claws on here. Gotta equip Sprint Shoes to avoid Stop.

-Tifa and her dad went chasing after Sephiroth according to an email just now from Cloud.

-Cissnei limit break, with a cinematic of Zack inviting Cissnei out to dinner. (sorry Aerith) Not sure if it’s date-dinner or coworker-dinner, but I’m totally cool with either as long as this is a memory back to before Zack and Aerith were such a thing. She can’t go out, and doesn’t suggest Zack ask her supervisor for her to get time off.



I think it’s the coworker thing though.

---

Nibel Reactor

-Tifa’s down. And Tifa’s (understandably) PISSED, given that iirc she just saw her dad cut down. Zack takes her words in.

-Oh shit. We’re about to see Jenova, aren’t we? Zack busts through the door. Heightened emotions on the DMW.

-I don’t know what it is with Crisis Core and pianos, but the music that kicked in just now is trippy and awesome.

-This is pretty fucked up right here.

SEPHIROTH: “But don’t be sad, mother. I am with you now.”



-Love seeing this from Zack’s perspective. I guess we saw it in FFVII from Zack’s perspective too, but through Cloud’s memory.


Taking a stand.

-Zack attacks! He gets blocked by Sephiroth and thrown to the level below.

-OH GOD THE MUSIC DOWN HERE IS SO GOOD TOO!

-Where is he now? The bowels of the reactor?

-FIGHTING SEPHIROTH!

-I CAN’T STOP CAPSLOCKING SRY NOT SRY

-GOT A SEPHIROTH LIMIT BREAK!



NEW CINEMATIC OF HIM GIVING THE TRUE HISTORY OF JENOVA AND THE PLANET! This must be the conversation I missed (grrr) when the game kicked me out of the Manor.

-Zack Octoslashes Sephiroth. The student becomes the master.



-AND THEN SEPHIROTH OCTOSLASHES ZACK, NM, THE MASTER IS STILL THE MASTER

-During the Octoslash, Sephiroth says some stuff which I missed the first time. “Traitor.” “You will pay.”

-Got him! Or at least, “Conflict Resolved.”

-…right. Multiple forms. Wake up, Coldrun.

SEPHIROTH: “I am the chosen one. I have been chosen to rule this planet.” Then he shatters the glass floor we stand on.

-THERE’S THE MUSIC AGAIN (whose song name I can’t remember – “Heartless Angel” I think?). “SE-PHI-ROTH!” God this FUCKING MUSIC!

-The floor shattered, there’s just a narrow platform. I get a warning that says the game ends if I fall off.

-Got a Tseng limit break. Lol is he gonna airstrike Sephiroth?

-He is. Bless.

-Got him again. Next phase. (no new forms yet or anything, just new phases of the fight.)

-Sephiroth knocks Zack out of the Jenova room. The Buster Sword falls. Sephiroth rejoins Jenova.

-AHDJKSFHDJKLSHFDJKLSGJK DSHJKDSVJKN

-FDJSKFHDJKLSVFHJKLAN

-A new person walks into the room. We don’t see his face, but no doubt who it is. Picks up the sword.



-AND RUNS HIM THROUGH AHHAHA YES. I don’t care that I already saw this in FFVII or knew it would happen. This is great.

-Cloud goes to tend to Tifa. Sephiroth staggers out of the room – this is despite being cut in half by a blade as wide as my torso. He’s carrying Jenova’s head (??) in his right arm.

-Cloud charges up the stairs, urged by the fallen Zack to finish Sephiroth.

-Sephiroth fends him off, slashing Cloud in the process, and continues to walk out. Stabs the fallen Cloud.

-THIS IS SO MESSED UP TO SEE WITH AWESOME GRAPHICS.



Cloud, while still impaled, reverses things and hoists up Sephiroth, hurling him to the pits below.



-Neither Cloud nor Zack are looking so hot. And by “not looking so hot,” I mean both are clearly on death’s door.

---

Nibel Reactor – Later

-Zack opens his eyes, blearily seeing Hojo and some Shinra infantry stomping around the reactor.


Not in good hands.

-New title screen.



---

Next time: uuuuhhh?