Monday, August 31, 2015

FFVII Crisis Core – Part 60: Pulling Weeds

Summary: Side missions. The forces of Genesis and Wutai just won’t go away. The keep sprouting, and Zack keeps slaying. Given the sheer quantity of murder Zack has committed against them, their persistence is almost admirable.


Mission: Genesis’s Forces > Major Offensives > Pursue the Foes (5/6)

-Fought off a couple of G-Deleters.

-You know, it hits me: I don’t have to fully understand or explore materia fusion to make use of it. I can just buff up the materia I’ve been using a bit.

-Ooh, created Gil Toss out of Lucky Stars + Mug.

-Hm. Can’t do a simple buff for most of these. Like, when I try to combine most of the DMW materia like Lucky Stars it changes to something worse with fusion. I’ll come back to this in a bit.

---

Mission: Genesis’s Forces > Major Offensives > Foes in the Wasteland (6/6)

-The general of the clone army, General Grevious I assume, is in our sights.



-LOL – I was just kidding, but he’s not that far off. He uses the model of the hair-eater.

---

Mission: Genesis’s Forces > Clash with Genesis’s Forces > Red Alert! (1/6)

-The next campaign is more stuff against Genesis’s forces that’s not discernible from prior stuff against Genesis’s forces in any way that’s obvious to me or that I care about. More fighting Genesis’s forces. More! MORE!


Not much excitement, so here’s a picture of Zack dancing with a cactuar because why not.

-Some Genesis clones whomp me hard. Dead.

-Much better the second attempt. I have a tendency of throwing myself into risky situations and close combat using basic attacks. There’s no reason. I can Quake when things are too tightly packed and Osmose to mana back up.

---

Mission: Genesis’s Forces > Clash with Genesis’s Forces > Base in the Caverns (2/6)

-The floaty mechs are here. They’re immune to Quake, so Thundaga does ok.

-Boss is a Scorpion mech.



Standard tactics work. Hit it in the back a few times, run out when it casts “EM Field,” repeat.

---

Mission: Genesis’s Forces > Clash with Genesis’s Forces > Surprise Attack on Midgar (3/6)

-Genesis is attacking Midgar. I’m surprised. This is my surprised face.

-Skipped to the final boss. “G. Devastator.” An upgraded version of the prior stuff I’d fought. They kill me in one shot. I’ll adjust with quake and dodging their one-shot scythe.

-Goddammit. They got me again. I hate having so little leeway, where I just die if I don’t play perfectly. Not fun. Sorry. Maybe an HP++ materia will help.


MP swapping.

-Third time is a charm. The HP++ helped, made me less of a glass cannon. They each started to use Osmose, and I Osmosed them right back. Pretty weird fight.

---

Mission: Genesis’s Forces > Clash with Genesis’s Forces > One Base at a Time (4/6)

-Strange Cissnei DMW cutscene (or maybe it was Tseng). Costa del Sol flashback. Zack in a swimsuit, Cissnei in a swimsuit, Tseng in a regular suit.



The scene was Zack wondering whether Tseng wears the suit everywhere he goes no matter what, because it’s so dang hot on the beach. Lol

-Got a nice amulet, Aegis Amulet, increasing Vit and Spr and protecting against both Stun and Silence.

-Cissnei’s limit break is SO GOOD. It can really snowball things out of control in Zack’s favor.

-Next mission is “Hard,” so holding off.

---

Mission: To End the War with Wutai > The Remnants Strike Again > A New Threat (1/6)

-Oh look, it’s another threat that Zack is doomed to fight eternally. Namely the remnants of Wutai. They’re back in some new form.

-Got a “Gold Rolling Pin” from a chest. This is the first item of its kind I’ve come across, where it’s intended only to be sold – for 50k gil in this case. It’s description was “Convert to money and see…”

-Vajradhara’s appeared again. Feels like a while since I saw them last.


Vajradhara Indra.

-Ok, that’s all for this session.

---

Next time: Missions in Hojo’s Laboratory.