Sunday, July 13, 2014

FFIV After Years – Part 26: Sick and Tired of Feeling Sick and Tired (Edward’s Tale)

Summary: Edward heads alone back to the Antlion Cave. He gets the Sand Pearl, then goes back to Kaipo to cure Harley. It kind of sucks. We learn that Anna and Tellah totally ship Edward and Harley. I now ship them too.

----

Daytime in Kaipo

-Edward is going alone.

-Oh crispy crap, do I have to go BACK through the waterway?

-Note to self: Challengingway is in Kaipo too.

---

Back to the Waterway

-Really?

-Really?

-Really. Bleh. Boring.

-At least I don’t have to go out of my way for treasure chests, since I just got them on the way through.

-Quick stop in Damcyan for some supplies, especially tents to trigger a full moon, and then to…

---

Antlion Cave

-I’m not happy about having to go through here yet again, but not as annoyed as I was at the Waterway. This time it’s my own fault that I explored it earlier, whereas the Waterway’s repetition was forced.

-The moon was waning, so I used three tents to hit full moon in the Antlion Den save point. That must have been a super boring time for Edward, waiting three moon cycles in the Den, and I’m sure Harley would’ve died by the end of the first moon cycle had this been real life.

-N.B. This is not real life.

-At least the antlions are still docile. Just took the Sand Pearl, no muss and no fuss.

---

Frigging Waterway

-Bandits! Who want to steal Edward’s medicine to sell.

-He escapes by… jumping off the bridge.


Thanks, Bandits, for summing up my feelings on this part of the game.

-At least jumping off the bridge took me almost to the exit for the Waterway.

-Still, the game should’ve given me a hovercraft to get to the Antlion Cave instead.

---

Kaipo

-How old is Harley, by the way? No idea. Could be in her early 20s, could be in her late 40s. A very ambiguous portrait, though I suck at gauging these things in real life and so am probably sucking at gauging it in game.



-So now Harley’s cured…

-And Edward faints LOL

-Thank God it’s just exhaustion. I was afraid I’d have to go as Harley to solo through the Waterway, Antlion Cave, and back through the Waterway.

-Aw. Harley stayed up all night by Edward’s bedside.

-DAMMIT. The last thing I needed was another ship. I already have my hands full with Spock and Uhura.

-That’s what Tellah and Anna are saying, right? They think Edward is trying to stay loyal to Anna, and thus not going through with some deep-seated love for Harley. They’re both trying to give him their blessing to move on maybe.

-Wait.

-Wait a sec.


Spoiler alert: I’m easily amused.

-Now the full party – the redshirts, Harley, and Edward, all head to the Kaipo docks to set said for Baron.

---

Next time: to Baron!