Wednesday, July 2, 2014

FFIV After Years – Part 6: Child’s Play (Rydia’s Tale)

In this session Luca and I finished up in the Dwarven castle, hopped over to Tomra, and explored the treasure-laden Sylph Cave. We also got the two creepiest party members in likely the entire Final Fantasy series. I mean, I still have like ten full games that I haven’t seen, but I’m confident saying that my new party members here are the creepiest ever.

---

-Luca’s class is “Shop Hand.” Cool! I hope that when I get to the MMOs, I can be a shop hand too (though I doubt it).

-Luca looks like she’s wearing a sideways golf visor.

-The Evil already took three dark crystals? Which one is left?

-fffffffuuuuuuuuuu….

-AGAIN WITH THE SEALED CAVE WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

-Okay.

-Please, PLEASE let me get there and just stroll through unimpeded to the crystal room. No more OF THOSE FUCKING TRAP DOORS GOD I HATE THEM

-Ooh, someone in the castle says Tomra has weapons for me.

-Aw. The Developers’ Room in the castle moved. I wonder if I’ll see an updated version.

-I found “Kokkel Ore.” Hopefully this’ll give me some super awesome weapon later.

-You have to be kidding me. Calca and Brina are joining the party. This is horrifying.



My new party members.

---

-Left the castle, and onto Tomra.Nice town, and it’s cool to see that it grew a lot since the base game due to trade, but the stuff there is WAY too expensive.

-In order to build levels, get cash, and explore, I cleared the Sylph Cave next. I’m happy to see lowbie mobs here, and to not need float to avoid the poison.

-Noo!!! The sylphs are stone too!

-Luckily, I remembered the layout of this cave from the base game, so it went pretty smoothly.

-Calca and Brina are actually not bad party members. Each has a random attack. Calca has a “Jive” move that does some random damaging effect on the enemies, which is not terrible. Brina is better. Her “Dance” gives me party a random buff or heal, cure, or heal. It’s pretty reliable for healing, but much more hit or miss if I want some other effect, like Raise or Esuna.

-But I don’t care how effective they are because they’re dolls and they are still creepy wtf

---

Next time: I try to not throw my keyboard at the wall as I go yet again to the Sealed Cave.