Wednesday, July 2, 2014

FFIV – Part 18: Zeromus Returns?

 Onto the final push! Three more Floors of Remembrance, then the final boss.

1)Dollhouse floor. Except this time, imagine Eliza Dushku as a giant doll named “Death Puppet” who shoots literal laser beams. Yeah.

2)A short Lunar Cave.

3)Technically, the layout is like a Tower of Babil floor. In reality, I think of this as the “My Worst Fucking Nightmare” floor. It’s the opposite of the Pudding Floor in that all the mobs here are tough to fight with magic, because almost every mob pack include a Proto Deathmask. Reflects itself, and casts Holy and Flare on itself a bunch. These things hurt like hell. Even worse, I can’t use Cecil to attack because whenever his sword’s Holy spell gets reflected, it does like 6,000 damage.

And then the final boss. Zeromus EG. What does the EG stand for? No clue. It’s not even like Zeromus X or Zeromus Z, where even if it doesn’t stand for something specific it indicates another version. EG seems too specific. It must mean something.

The boss’s model is GREAT! Not just a recycled version of the original Zeromus either.



The fight was similar, with Big Bangs and Black Holes, but very doable. Finished the Lunar Ruins with my party around levels 74-77.

---

Next up: My plan had been to move on to FFIV: Interlude, but I really want to see the other trials. I think I’ll go back through the Lunar Ruins with a new party if it lets me.