Thursday, May 14, 2015

FFVII – Part 70: Jenova

Summary: We fight through a merciless gauntlet of Iron Men, defeat Jenova, and reach Sephiroth.


Northern Cave



Going down.

-I encounter a nasty Dragon Zombie on the way down. It finishes off with “Pandora’s Box,” doing ginormous damage to us.

-Ah dammit, gotta add all Yuffie’s materia back. Grr.

-It’s the Iron Giant! Here called “Iron Man.”



He’s been in a TON of games! Starting, I think, with FFII as a mini-boss in Pandemonium Fortress and then as a super boss in FFIII.

-Got him!

-Another Iron Man on the way down. This guy is just brutal.

-STOP SENDING ME MORE IRON MEN TO FIGHT.

-JESUS

-Every step I take I have to fight another Iron Man. STOP IT GAME.

-If I die and have to do this whole thing again, I’m going to be pissed beyond belief.

-Got to the bottom platform. Is that…



-Yeah, it’s Jenova. She looks really cool. Three part boss, with Jenova-SYNTHESIS A, B, and C.

-She doesn’t say anything. Just attacks. This is a bit disappointing, because I was hoping she’d tell me finally what she is. What does “becoming a calamity from the sky” mean? (It could just refer to the meteor, but I thought that “becoming a calamity” thing was about her becoming something, not just helping summon Meteor.) If not an Ancient, what is she? Just a random monster?

There’s still time for the game to explain that more, but this seemed as good a time as any.

-The music here sounds like something new – neither standard fight music nor standard boss music.

-OH HELL NO

-She’s starting a countdown. Time to turn this place into the land of the summoned monsters.

-Whew. Killed her when her countdown hit 4.

-The platform we’re on breaks apart. We seem to be falling into the Lifestream…

---

Somewhere?

-Cloud seems to be swimming in mid air.

-We see a glowing orb.



-Everyone joins us here.

-AND SEPHIROTH APPEARS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LIGHT. Something tells me that’s not Holy.

-He’s controlling everyone, puppeting everyone around. Similar to what happened when we met Kefka at the final fight.

-Like Jenova, he says nothing. Just stands there.

CLOUD: “There… it’s there! Holy’s shining! [Lol, I guess it Is Holy.] Aeris’s prayer is shining!”

-We have to split into two parties again. Damn… I really don’t have the equipment or materia to support two strong parties. I’ll yet again say a prayer that I please please please get to save before whatever happens next.


No gettin’ offa this train now.

-Ok. Let’s go.

---

Next time: Sephiroth.