Saturday, May 16, 2015

FFVII – Part 72: Nothing is Safe

Summary: We push back through the North Cave, back past Jenova. Both form of Sephiroth go down this time. GOT HIM! …or did we?


North Cave Revisited

-I’m starting the cave over. Instead of using the save point that was by the Master Tonberry, I’ll set it down a bit later. I’ll also try putting my strongest team together for Sephiroth rather than splitting them up, since Safer Sephiroth looked to be a one team fight.

And I’ll use Safety Bits a Ribbon for Cloud instead of a Safety Bit.


A YA trilogy about Yuffie maybe?

-This time, I set the save point where the party first splits up. Cloud, Barret and Nanaki in the main team.

-Some expectation setting: I may die again. That’s okay. If I die, I’ll grind up some at my save point and then try again with some more levels.

-Aw crap – forgot to get Exit materia on Nanaki. This Master Tonberry’s gonna kill me.

-Phew! Found a smoke bomb in my items list.

-Another Master Tonberry. Last Smoke bomb.


The murderous Master Tonberry.

-AND ANOTHER ONE FUUUUUCK. Dead. Reset.

-Ok. Back to it. Got Barret with me this time who has the Exit materia.

-Found a monster I didn’t see last time: King Behemoth.



Cloud and Barret alone. Let’s try it.

-Cool. Hits hard, but not too bad. Not nearly as nasty as the Iron Men.

-We’re now at Iron Man Lane.

-Huh! I must’ve had awful luck last time. I ran into like three fights – two Allemagnes and one Dragon Zombie, both pretty easy. I also learned Pandora’s Box as an enemy skill. Last time, I fought about 5 Iron Men.

-At Jenova. Got her at the same time, when her counter hit 4.

-And back at Bizarro (lol)/Safer (lolol) Sephiroth. Some notes to myself going in:

1: Always switch when a part of Bizarro goes down.
2: Equip a Ribbon on Cloud to avoid the confuse effect from Super Nova that hit him last time.
3: Prioritize going slow and keeping people topped off for when Sephiroth make the universe blow up or whatever.
4: Equip Phoenix on Cloud, since he’s most likely to survive bad stuff.
5: Chill! If I don’t win, I’ll grind and try again later. Relax. :D

-Got materia and teams set up. HERE WE GO!

-This is going WAY better. Working from the outside, arms, in towards head and chest. Switching parties every time.

-Btw, Barret’s new limit, Satellite Beam, is awesome.


Bizarro Sephiroth casting Heartless Angel.

-I’m back to that part where each party keeps killing the head, passing the torch to the next party, and the head immediately revives for them to kill. This is the worst.

-Woohoo! The core is attackable again. My right party got their side down. Time for the left side.

-Got him. Here we go. Octopusephiroth time.

-False alarm, but shortly after is the real deal kill of Bizarro Sephiroth.

-Here we go. Super Nova incoming… please survive this…



-YES! Survived it, and had the Cure 3 All ready to rumble.

-A few heartstopping moments, like Heartless Angel shortly following the universe destroyer, but I was quick on the X-Potions.


Barret kicking ass with Satellite Beam.


Cloud kicking ass with Meteorain.


Tifa kicking ass with Dolphin Blow.

-Come on.

-Come on……..

-YEYSEYRUIOSEVNUIOSVFNUS HAHAHAHAHAH GOT HIM



---

After

-I like that even now, we’re not some all-powerful super team.



We did the best we could, we’re fucking exhausted (look at poor Yuffie!), and we’re still just kind of hoping that the Planet sends Holy up to punch the meteor in the face.

CLOUD: “All right, everyone. We did our best. Let’s go home proud.”

-….no

-please no

-Sephiroth’s laughing. I’m so drained right now. I really thought that was his “final form.”

---

Next time: the end.

”Nothing is safe, if you poke at it long enough.”
-Charlie Bradbury