Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Fitness Stuff - May 27, 2015

Day's Status: Complete

I've run into a problem recently of writing my food and exercise as I go during the day, binging in the evening, and out of shame deleting the post altogether.

This only reinforces the unhealthy ties between food and shame, food and self-worth.  I want to avoid this, so I'm going to publish this post early for the next few days and just update it as the day goes on.  By the end of the day it should be complete, and once I've posted it I'm less likely to delete it than just updating a private draft.


Diet

Morning: Two slices of sourdough bread with Spam and butter.

---

Midday: Calzone with mozzarella, tomato, green pepper, mushroom.  Never had a calzone before - it was like a bready-omelet.

Iced cold press mocha.  (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_brew)

Handful of peppermint patties.



---

Evening: Lettuce with Italian dressing.  Pasta with half can of tuna and tomato sauce.  2/5 pint of ice cream.


---

Exercise: 1 mile walk in 20 minutes.  Slower than I've usually walked, but haven't walked in a long while, it was after midnight, and I was tired.  Really happy I got started on that again.

---

Going to do a grocery run tonight, in an effort to eat more meals at home.  Just a supplemental run, since I have a lot of what I need already.

I'm not in a great place right now.  My money is extremely low and I'm overeating by eating out a lot.  This is a great chance for me to jiu-jitsu the negative into a positive.  Make a concerted effort to prepare meals at home, save a ton of money, eat more moderately (because portions at home are almost by definition more moderate and less rich than the Chipotles of the world).

  • can of Spam for breakfast meat
  • bread
  • chips
  • ice cream
  • lettuce
  • tomatoes
  • 12 pack soda