Monday, May 4, 2015

Fitness Stuff - May 4, 2015

Morning weight: 267.8 lbs




Diet

Morning: Two egg omelet with diced tomato and shredded mozzarella.  Two slices of Spam.



Iced skim chai tea latte.

A few squares of dark chocolate a couple of hours later.

---

Midday: I want to talk briefly about lunch.

I've almost exclusively been eating out.  It's tasty and filling but expensive, and cutting back on this could save a lot of money.

Why have I had trouble eating in, and how can I work with those reasons to eat what I bring from home more often?  Four responses jump out at me:

1) "I like being away from the office."  Eating out gives me a change of location.  I can try bringing my lunch elsewhere, or eating lunch quickly at the office and then going somewhere else afterwards.

2) "It's more filling."  Chipotle is my main go-to place to eat out, and it has pretty large portions.  I don't need to make them THAT large when bringing lunch from home, but a 220 calorie microwave meal is simply not enough.  I'll try to bring in a good meal that I think will fill me.

3) "I like being around people."  This is true.  I like being around white noise.  A crowded restaurant or coffee shop gives me a peace that I don't get from eating in my office.  I can work with this as with #1, by bringing my food elsewhere to eating at the office and then going elsewhere afterwards.

4) "It's tastier than eating what I bring in."  This idea is a holdover from when I didn't cook at all.  It's not entirely false though. Going to focus on bringing in food that sounds legitimately tasty and filling to me.  Not just "healthy and sparse."

---

My lunch today was a sandwich with two slices of good sourdough, sliced garlic chicken that I cooked last night, tomato, and mayonnaise.  Also brought a salad of lettuce with balsamic dressing, which was great - mostly because the dressing is so good.  I intended to bring a side of tortilla chips, but forgot them at home.

Ate in the office and went out afterwards to a coffee shop.  Had a small coffee frappuccino light with peppermint.

Later in the afternoon, had a piece of vegan banana bread, a bottled mocha frappuccino, and then had most of a slice of quiche after work.

---

Evening: This was a bad night.  I felt constantly antsy, and ate in response.  It wasn't real hunger - well, some of it was, but most of it was just a response to a lot of anxiety.  Ate about 4/5 of a pint of ice cream, a macaroni and cheese, a slice of sourdough bread, and some tortilla chips.

What's behind this anxiety?  A few things.  My money is short.  I haven't moved a lot today.  I've been avoiding contact with my family and that's hanging over my head.  I have unreturned emails I need to address.  My apartment's a mess, gross, and I started seeing bugs.  I've whittled away much of this evening watching Hearthstone streams. 

Bleh.

You know what?  It's 9:45pm as I write this.  Let me see what I can do to address some of this.

---

Update: It's now 12:15am as I write this.  I addressed a lot of that.  Paid rent, did knee push-ups, emailed my family, returned general emails, cleaned up my bathroom thoroughly and a once-over of my kitchen and living room.

I feel like a weight lifted from my shoulders.  Moving on!

---

Exercise

Did two sets of knee push-ups.  First set was 17 reps, second set was 14 reps.