Sunday, October 12, 2014

Blizzard - Week 3: Northern Barrens

Diablo III

A bit of progress here.  Some +fire gear, so enjoying a Meteor Shower build right now.  Level 49.

---

Hearthstone

Couple of sessions this week, with one solid arena run.  Went 4-3, which I'm pretty happy with because I started out 0-2.  I drew a late-game warrior deck with about a billion different weapons, Ysera, Sunwalker, some other goodies.

The two packs I got afterwards pulled TWO legendaries!  Tinkmaster Overspark (bleh) and golden Illidan.

---

World of Warcraft

Completed the Northern Barrens this week, and moved onto Ashenvale.  I can't get over how much cleaner and more creative the questlines and progression have gotten since Cataclysm.  I haven't played the lower levels in any significant/attentive way since before that, and it makes a world of different.

Awesome music here.  Lonesome sound to it, as befits the landscape and feel of the area.  I also like how it can change depending on where you are.  For example, a quest took me into a goblin-heavy area, and the chipper and bouncy goblin music popped on.  Nice touch, Blizzard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhE8W4WSOpg