Thursday, October 23, 2014

FFV – Part 55: Doomsayer

Summary: I finish the piano quest, then move into the Rift. We fight our way through a diverse array of locations within the Rift, including desert, ruins, forest, and cave. Krile tries the oracle job, and sees doom wherever she looks.

---

Piano 3: The Reckoning

-More piano exploration in the world.

PHANTOM VILLAGE: Already done.

CRESCENT: Already done.

TULE: Already done.

REGOLE: SUCCESS!!



I didn’t see the hidden passage that led here before, but found the last piano. So… hurray, I guess?

-I think I’m done here. Onto the Rift.

---

The Rift – Desert

-Some quake worms and the brutal Landcrawler, but nothing too new.

-A tomb.

-OH SHIT IT’S THE LEGION OF DOOM.


Not that Legion of Doom.


THIS Legion of Doom!

-They threaten us, then blink away. I think they were just a vision/illusion/projection.

---

The Rift – Ruins

-Ronkan ruins. More high-tech enemies, like a reskin of the evil fan.

-Oracle is a really fascinating job. It seems to be random. I can use !Condemn to put a countdown timer on the enemy. W hen it counts down, the enemy gets hit by that spell. Cannoneer I don’t really understand yet.

-Exit…

-…huh?

---

The Rift – Phantom Village

-I pop out of the previously inaccessible basement room in the Phantom Village.

-Is this an illusion? Is this real? Am I real?

-The answer is maybe. Nobody in town is talking or moving. It’s frozen in time. This is some creepy-ass langoliers bullshit right here.

-Seriously. I have nightmares about this kind of thing.

-We leave the town…

---

The Rift – Forest

-…and enter a low-visibility forest.

-LOL – Krile used !Predict, rank 3. It summoned a rockslide that KILLED THREE OF US LOLOL

-Ok, fuck Oracle. Her next !Predict is “Pestilence,” which kills the whole party after five seconds with over 4,000 damage to us.

-A tree with a hole in it opened to the next area.

-Oops! No, it didn’t. A tentacle lady, Calofisteri, came out to kill me. I try Rank 1 !Predict for the heck of it. Krile predicts Pestilence again. Five seconds later, we die.


The damage we’re taking? Yeah, it’s not from Calofisteri. *stares at Krile*

-HEY KRILE, STOP SEEING THE GRIM EVERYWHERE. Trelawney taught you poorly. Should’ve learned from the centaurs instead.

-Attemt #2: Success. My strategy of having Krile sit on her ass and predict nothing was a rousing success.

---

The Rift – Cave

-We encounter a Great Dragon as our first random enemy. This does not bode well.


Some tough Rift Cave baddies.

-I give Krile one last chance to prove her oracling worth. She rises to the challenge by calling down another pox on our house.

-Ok, Krile. Let’s give you a nice relaxing beastmaster job.

-Eyeball mounds from FFII! Missed u guyz.

-Aaand I ran into Omega. Guess who got destroyed?

---

Next time: Omega.