Tuesday, October 7, 2014

FFV – Part 41: Disarmed

Summary: We fight Gilgamesh. He unmasks himself as an eight-armed creature, but Exdeath banishes him for constantly losing to us. We push on up to Exdeath himself and kill him. (But probably not really.) The final crystal shatters, and we get thrown somehow back to Bartz’s world.


Exdeath’s Castle

-Boss fight with Gilgamesh. The best part? “Clash on the Big Bridge” instead of standard boss music.

-GILGAMESH: “Already our fourth rumble! I feel we’ve reached an understanding… that I will pound you willy!” lol

-“Say… what happened to that spry old fellow?” DO NOT GO THERE GILGAMESH.

-Bartz tells him. Surprisingly, Gilgamesh seems sort of sad. Affected.



Exdeath would be mwa-ha-ha-ing his ass off right now. I mean, Gilgamesh keeps fighting, but the news definitely impacts him. Cool.

-GILGAMESH: “Enough expository banter. Now we fight like men! And ladies! And men who dress like ladies!” Bless you, Gilgamesh.

-GILGAMESH: “For Gilgamesh, it’s morphing time!” Huh? Is he a tree too?


I'll go out on a limb and guess he didn't come to the fight unarmed. SORRY

WHAT THE FUCK. IS THIS HIS REAL FORM?? Is he a human? An alien? Some one-off monster? Is his family comprised of other eight-armed people? Need Gilgamesh backstory now.

-GILGAMESH: “Now that I have it, let’s see how good Excalibur really is!” Oh man, is that what was in the chest? Do I get Excalibur for beating this guy?

-He then hits our party members for like 30 damage each. LOLOL

-“Have at you!” Those were his opening words when we met him in FFIV.

-LOL EXDEATH TROLLED GILGAMESH. HIS SWORD SUCKS.



-The fight is interrupted by Exdeath. His music immediately crashes in in place of “Clash on the Big Bridge.”

-EXDEATH: “You worthless fool! For your continued bungling, I banish you from this dimension.” NOOOOO! Don’t hurt Gilgamesh! I mean sure, I was going to kill him, but I still feel kind of protective of him.

-Gilgamesh was thrown into “the Rift,” which I’m guessing is a cooler way of saying “he’s dead.” Bye Gilgamesh

-LOL “Excalipoor.” I can’t believe I forgot about that.

---

Exdeath’s Castle – 13th Floor

-Of course. Of COURSE Exdeath lives on the 13th floor. Hi, Exdeath.

-EXDEATH: “I will return the earth to how it used to be.” Huh? Like, before there were people? Is he going to try to make the planet a tree-friendly wilderness? Does he see us as the villains in “Ferngully”?

On a related note: is it morally wrong that this line of thought has me shipping Exdeath/Poison Ivy?


Mwa-ha-ha!

-Exdeath makes a fair point. We don’t really know what he plans. Now, I don’t believe he’s gonna be revealed to have some hidden nobility like a Darth Vader or Golbez, but I don’t know what his evil plan really is beyond “destroy the crystal because of reasons.”

-Boss fight! Pretty trippy music

-“Doom” on Krile, no!

-Not a terribly tough fight. Beat him.

-But the crystals are still in trouble… aaaaand they broke.


The last crystal shatters.

-Uh-oh.

-What’s going on?? Flashing, and… huh?

-We’re, um, in a valley.


Somewhere?

-WTF

WTF FDS WTF

-CASTLE TYCOON?? He ported us away, back to Bartz’s world?

-I don’t get this. Did he survive and want us to stop interfering and sent us away? Was it some natural reaction of the crystals exploding?

-I’m beyond confused. And really nervous.

---

Next time: we hopefully clear up my massive quantities of fear and confusion.