Thursday, October 2, 2014

Nerd Fitness Academy - Measuring Up in October 2014

Weighing-in and benchmarking other measurement stuff.




I'll edit this later today when I have time to measure the other stuff, but just wanted to express my joy at the October weigh-in today.  I hadn't checked my weight or anything since August 18th, before I really started this project in earnest.  It was 268.6 lb then.  This morning?  264.2 lb.

It's a small victory, but I've only been watching calories in a minor way for the last two weeks.  Was a bit worried my weight would have either held steady, or even gone up.  I'm over the moon right now.

Even if it did go up, I'd be happy, because I've clearly made progress, and I'd know it wouldn't have gone up by as much as it would have had I not become a member of Nerd Fitness Academy.  I see my endurance in workouts growing already.  I see the steadiness of my exercise, the decrease in the calories I'm eating, the occasional changes in the kind of food I eat, the drop in liquid calories I consume... And all this without feeling like I'm on the verge of some crash and burn.

tl;dr: Even without a weight drop I'd be satisfied that I'm on the right path, but this small success  still makes me smile.