Sunday, October 12, 2014

Nerd Fitness Academy - Daily Food and Quest, 10/12/14

"Today I got work, and I like it that way.
It's a case of a still-life gone cinema verite."
                             -Dar Williams, "In Love But Not at Peace


Pretty good day in terms of quest progress.  It feels like I'm building a rhythm of sorts, and really moving away from boom-and-bust fitness cycles.  It'll be a while before I start feeling like I'm not waiting for the other shoe to drop, but I can sort of maybe possibly imagine continuing on this journey months.

It makes me wonder: what else can I use momentum to fix?  I've screwed up parts of my life in pretty significant ways - school, family, money, relationships.  Maybe big fixes I've tried in those areas, which often fail shortly after, are not the way to go.  They're dramatic and enticing, but perhaps there's another way.

---

Food Log

8:15am: Snickers. (250 cal)

11:30am: Chipotle burrito bowl with white rice, black beans, 1/2 steak and 1/2 chicken, onions, tomato, cheese, guacamole.  Coke Zero. (1,150 cal)

6:00pm: Two grilled burgers at home, no bun. (1,100 cal)

10:30pm: Hershey's bar. (210 cal)

Water through day: One liter.

Total: 2,710 calories

---

Quest Progress:

-Logged calories below 2,800 for "Nutrition: Growing into Nerd Fitness's Nutrition Level Two."

-Went for a 9+ minute walk, completing "Fitness: Walk for 9 Minutes This Week."  Next up: "Fitness: Walk for 10 Minutes This Week," to walk for 10 minutes for 7 consecutive days.

-Biked for 15+ minutes to finish week one of "Become a Mover: Level Two."

-Cooked burgers to finish week one of "Become a Cooker: Level Two."

-Drank 1 liter of water for "Become a Water Drinker: Level Two."