Wednesday, October 1, 2014

FFV – Part 36: Arbor Day

Summary: This is like those tales where you wish for something and then have that wish turned against you. We meet the sage Ghido, and I get some of the Exdeath backstory that I asked for. Wow.

Under the Sea

-We continue in our submarine to Ghido’s cave.


Galuf, it’s better down where it’s wetter. Take it from me.

-This really surprises me. I thought Ghido lived on a hut or something on the island that got destroyed, but I guess he lives in a cave underwater. Okay.

---

Ghido’s Cave

-Most of the monsters here seem to be “Metamorphs.”



They take a ton of hits. Some I kill quickly enough, but eventually they can transform into random monsters. I’ve seen Ifrit and Wyvern so far.

-Chest puzzle – cool! One of the floors has five chests in the middle of the room, one with a heavy stone in it, and the rest empty. When I move the stone to a new chest, a new door opens. I eventually figure out the puzzle and get through.

-B5: Turtle in a pond. Turtle, turtle! Hi, turtle! I get the choice to jump in: “Yes or no?” HELL YES. I want to swim with the turtle! As long as he’s not a Gil Turtle…

-Aw. The turtle went away. But we found an underwater tunnel.

-Wait. Please tell me the turtle is actually Ghido. That’d be awesome.

-Bartz whapped the turtle. LOL he keeps poking it for fun, despite Galuf telling him to stop.


What makes this a work of art is how serious Bartz’s portrait looks.

-Until the turtle tells him to stop.

BARTZ: Sweet Christmas, it’s a talking turtle!
GALUF: Sage, I’m so sorry. Please forgive my brainless companion.
FARIS: By the briny beard of Neptune!

I’m dying. This is awesome. I have to make up my own exclamation, like “By the snowy alligators of Minnesota!”

-Ok. Lay that mystic prophecy stuff on me, Ghido.

-Exdeath is seeking something in the Great Forest fo Moore. Hum. What? Some ancient super weapon or great magic?

-It’s a sentient forest. Let’s call in Bombadil for backup.

-Exdeath was born there. Village in the forest, or just like a child of wandering forest elves or something?

-wait

-am i

-Can this be right?

-There was a tree in the forest that was used to house evil spirits.



-………….

-………….………….

-………….………….………….

-Ok, a bit of background on how I do ths. I don’t type as I go. Instead, I jot notes in a notebook as I go, and then type them up later. This is a photo of the notebook page I used for this session:



-THE BIG BAD OF FINAL FANTASY V IS A TREE LOLOLOL

-He’s like a Satanic ent.

-He’s a tree warlock.

-I really need to know the logistics. How did he get followers? Are his followers and minions just trees infected by other evil spirits? What kind of tree was he?

-Why does he appear humanoid in shape? Is his body made of wood, or did he magically make himself appear human? What were the evil spirits that were placed inside him? Was he a nice tree that was corrupted, or is the nice tree spirit still hidden inside him, so it’s like a possession where the evil spirits are calling the shots?

Does he need sunlight to live? DOES HE PRODUCE EVIL CHLOROPHYLL?? I need to know the details. This is so strange. I hope we eventually see him without his armor.

-Anyway.

-Ghido tells us he wants to go back to grove sweet grove for some reason, but Ghido doesn’t know why. He gave us a parting gift: a branch to let us enter the forest.

-We teleport out.

---

Next time: the Forest of Moore.


Maybe not so much.