Thursday, October 16, 2014

FFV – Part 49: I Am Legend

Summary: Some world travel, checking out different towns in the merged world. We get a submarine. The Sealed Castle opens up for us, and we get a few legendary weapons.



Catapult

-First stop is Catapult, which opened up beneath the now-vanished Fork Towers.

-Hopefully we can check in with Cid.

-Guess not. Nobody’s down here.

-Oh. Lol. I guess he’s here after all. And he can now upgrade our airship to become a submarine. Nice!

-Montage of Cid and Mid working furiously, then night time. Krile and Mid.


Weight of the world.

Mid says Cid works so hard because he blames himself for the current chaos in the world. Poor Cid.

---

Wandering

-For giggles, I tried flying into the Void, and IT WORKED! I knew this would eventually be a thing, but didn’t expect it to be so soon. It takes us to “Interdimensional Rift.” Nope nope nope. Not ready for this, and at least I can fly back the main world.

---

Carwen

-Random woman asks if I think she’s pretty. I choose the “yes” option. She morphs into Krile, says she’s a “master of disguise” and runs off to “hone her craft.” lolwut

-A barrel in the town is empty except for a card. You know what the card says?



DAMMIT, LONE WOLF. Freeing him will never stop haunting me, will it? Far down the line, I'll be raiding in FFXIV and take down some big boss, and instead of epic armor or a weapon I'll loot a card that says "Lone Wolf was here."

-Someone in the pub says that a “weirdo doing impressions” was around, but went to the sunken tower of Walse. I guess Impression Weirdo wasn’t just flavor text.

---

More Wandering

-Wind Shrine? Nothing new.

---

Sealed Castle

-Ran through directly, and, miracle of miracles, didn’t get attacked by the Shield Dragon.

-The room at the end of the main hall is a treasure hall. I pop one of the tablets I got down, and it allows me to take three of the twelve legendary weapons. They’re a pretty cool assortment, including a whip, a bell, a katana, and others. Though unfortunately there’s no monk weapon. Oh well. Let’s see…

-Excalibur
-Sasuke’s Katana
-Masamune

Oh lol, right. I forgot I already got a second tablet too. Three more! Let’s show Krile and Lenna some love.

-Magus Rod
-Sage’s Staff

Aaaaand…. Hm…

-Rune Axe.

-Let’s go.
---

The Rift? Or Somewhere Similarly Eeeeeevil

-Cutscene with Exdeath, calling his servant. AWESOME MUSIC HERE!!

He may be commanding the forces of evil, but what a cool area!

-Whoa! He has quite the Legion of Doom assembled here to send after us.


All together now! “MWA-HA-HA!”

Look at this sprites! So cool. There’s a winged woman, a green alien dude, a snail in a cape, a floating eyeball… really a masterpiece of sprite art.

-Two of the servants volunteer to take us out. Guess we'll see them soon.

---

Let’s Wander like Christian Ponder

-Stopped in Quelb, but not much changed beyond some sadness about the changed world and Kelger’s death. A moment of silence for the four fallen Dawn Warriors.

-Explored Bal again. Not much new here. The basement is still locked. Gah. SO CURIOUS. It says the door is locked fromt the inside. Tried exploring more of the castle to see if I could jump down to the other side from above, but no such luck.

-Stopped in Jachol. Didn’t find anything new or special.

-Well, that’s it for the overworld.

---

Next time: exploration under the sea.