Thursday, October 9, 2014

Nerd Fitness Academy - Daily Food and Quest Log, 10/9/14

Bigger lunch than I needed, but great progress today on lots of quests!




Food Log

8:30am: Mixed nuts. (250 cal)

1:00pm: 8 ounce cheeseburger with stuff?  It had some ketchup and aioli and other stuff on it, nice restaurant, but didn't record all the trimmings that came with it.  Nothing TOO heavy, but a bit oily/greasy.  Sweet potato fries with ketchup. (Not sure on calories, but 1,600 sounds like a reasonable guess.)

4:00pm: Microwave chicken fried steak with corn and mashed potatoes. (360 cal)

9:30pm: Baked chicken breast with peas and marinara sauce. (300 cal)

10:45pm: Cup of frozen cherries. (100 cal)

Water through day: 1.75 cal

Total: 2,610 calories

---

Quest Progress

-Logged calories below 2,800.  Started week five of "Nutrition: Growing into Nerd Fitness's Nutrition Level Two" and did the penultimate day of "Nutrition: Finish Your Food Log."

-Completed the final day of "Nutrition: The Caffeine Challenge, Level One, Part One." HUZZAH!
 Moving onto "Nutrition: The Caffeine Challenge, Level One, Part One."  This will be a six week quest.  For the first three weeks, I will use tea as my only caffeine source three days per week.  For the second three weeks, I'll use it as my only caffeine source four days per week.

-Went for a 9+ minute walk for "Fitness: Walk for 9 Minutes This Week."

-Did my workout today with two sets, completing week one of "Complete 6 Weeks of Your Workout Plan!"

For the last workout quest, I worked out, rested three days, worked out, rested two.  Repeat.  I'll try to bump it up a bit for the coming couple of months.  Rest days will be 3-2-3-2-2-3-2-3-2-2.  Next workout will be Monday, then the following Thursday.

-Cooked dinner tonight (chicken breast with marinara sauce and peas).  Progressed on week one of "Become a Cooker: Level Two."  I'm pretty proud of my progress on this quest.  It feels like a keystone that will really help my patience, diet, peace of mind, finances, and a host of other stuff in the long run. 

-Ate cherries to start week two of "Become a Fruit Eater: Level Two."

-Ate dinner in a focused way for week four of "Become a Focused Eater: Level One."  A few days ago, I found a small wooden table by the dumpster outside my apartment building.  Brought it home, and it is a great place to eat away from the computer.

-Drank 1+ liter of water.  Started week three of "Become a Water Drinker: Level Two."