Saturday, September 20, 2014

Coldrun Enters the Blizzard

I'm starting a weekly segment of casually playing up a few games from one of my favorite companies: Blizzard.  Nothing major, just felt like rolling up some random characters fresh in Diablo III and World of Warcraft.  (You can also find me around in Hearthstone occasionally bouncing around.)


I have certain archetypes of fun characters in mind, but I tend to rehash these same characters over and over in my gaming, so I'm hoping that randomizing the creation will freshen these up.

By "randomizing," I mean that I'll when there's a choice of different attributes, I'll use random.org to pick between them.  For example, if I'm randomizing between Horde or Alliance in WoW, I'll randomly generate a number between one and two.  The bolded option will be what random.org has chosen.

Let's see what we get!

---

Diablo III

Going to be doing this as a new "seasonal" character, so unboosted from any prior experience.

Class: Barbarian - Crusader - Demon Hunter - Monk - Witch Doctor - Wizard

Gender: Male - Female

Appearance in D3 doesn't change.  All characters of the same gender and class look alike, and I'm naming the character Coldrun, so nothing left to generate. 


 

One down!



---

World of Warcraft

Gender: Male - Female

Faction: Alliance - Horde

Race: Orc - Undead - Tauren - Troll - Blood Elf - Goblin - Pandaren

Class: Warrior - Hunter - Rogue - Priest - Shaman - Mage - Warlock - Death Knight

I'll randomize appearance too.  #1-10.  Whatever the number is, that's how many times I'll click the "randomize all" button.

Appearance: #9

 

---

This is exciting.  I've always wanted to do a random play, but don't want to devote much time to it.  FF, fitness (and, you know, real life too) are more central projects, but still.  Excited!