Thursday, September 11, 2014

Nerd Fitness Academy - Daily Food and Quest Log: 9/11/14


 
Food Log

8:45am: Combos bag (240 cal)

11:15am: Chipotle burrito bowl with steak, white rice, pinto beans, fajitas, cheese, guacamole.  Coke Zero. (1,110 cal)

2:00pm: Small cup of mango chunks. (50 cal)

3:00pm: Mixed candy.  Can of caffeine-free diet Coke.  (300 cal)

5:00pm: Chicken nuggets, french fries.  Diet Coke. (810 cal)

5:30pm: King size bags of Peppermint Patty bites and Kit Kat bites.  (570 cal)

Total: 3,080 calories

Water: About .75 liters.

---

This was really tough to write out.  Similar to how difficult it was to write my first of the consecutive logs a week ago.  It's painful to see this written out, but I've built up decent momentum this last week and am glad I went through with this log.

Three notes:

1) I pulled the Chipotle calories from their website, but for the burrito bowl I increased the calorie count the official site gave me by 1/3.  The reason for this is that the website assumes that the amount of food they add to a bowl is the same as the amount they add to a burrito or taco, and this is just not true.  The burritos restrict the amount, and the servers don't want the thing to rip.  I see them put significantly more into the bowls, and try to compensate for this.

2) After this first week of calorie logging, my main goal will be to cut back about 500 calories per day.  I can already see that the main method I'll use to accomplish that will be a couple of small choices per day rather than any major changes.

And hasn't that been the heart and soul of the NFA program?  This gives me hope.

3) I purchased the nuggets/fries and candy bags because they were combos.  They were deals.  The companies that sold them to me, McDonald's and Super America, are trying to hook me into eating more than I'm really hungry for or is really healthy for me.

Essentially, they're playing me.  And I've let them play me.  This makes me angry.  It would be a lie to say that this midnight anger will carry through to direct action in the cold light of day, and I won't force myself to take action, but I want to keep reminding myself of this.  They're playing me, and I'm letting them.  An interesting dynamic.  Will I allow others to manipulate me so easily?

--------------------

Quest Progress

-Logged food today for "Nutrition: Finish Your Food Log."  Counting calories started my first week of "Nutrition: Growing into Nerd Fitness's Nutrition Level Two."

-Walked for more than five minutes today for "Fitness: Walk to Mordor This Week."