Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Nerd Fitness Academy - Daily Food and Quest Log: 9/10/14




Food Log

10:15am: 6” sandwich on flatbread with steak, egg, cheese, and Chipotle southwest sauce.

12:00pm: Bowl of tomato bisque, slice of multigrain bread.  Hot chocolate with whole milk and whipped cream.

3:15pm: Small pack of Gobstoppers.

5:30pm: Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, corn.  Diet Coke.

One liter of water throughout day.

---

Quest Progress

Major quest progress today!  And I mean major, both in terms of ongoing quests and one-off quests.

---

Academy Quests

-Walked for over 15 minutes for just over one mile.    This serves as day #3 of “Walk to Mordor.”

-Logged my food, which completes “Nutrition: Start Your Food Log.”  Onto level two of NFA nutrition.  I also picked up a new quest, “Nutrition: Finish Your Food Log,” to log what I eat for another 30 consecutive days.  Massive xp from that one.

A bit about level 2, “Awareness and Tracking.”  The hallmark of this is continuing to track what I eat, but a bit more carefully.  Start to try reducing calories by about 500 per day from my baseline.  When I feel ready with this, the quest to level up to level 3 is to minimize liquid calories over the course of one week, but I’m not there yet. 

A new quest: “Nutrition: Growing into Nerd Fitness’s Level Two.”  For one week, track the food I eat calmly and non-judgmentally, including my best attempt at calories.  Then for the following two weeks, track the food I eat and try to eat about 500 calories per day less than my baseline.  If I complete that quest, I’ll move onto the level-up quest to hit 3.

-Completed “Fitness: Schedule Workout Reminders.”

-Completed “Fitness: Pick your Workout Path” by selecting the Bodyweight Brigade.

General Quests

-Completed “Walk a Mile in My Shoes,” to walk for a single mile.

-Completed “Plank Practice – Beginner,” to hold a plank for 15 seconds.

-Completed “10 Bodyweight Squats,” to… well, to do 10 bodyweight squats.

-Completed “Go for a 15 Minute Walk,” to… yeah.  You can guess.

-Completed “Complete 10 Knee Push-ups.”  Yup.

-Completed “10 Lunges Each Leg.”

DING!!  These quests leveled me up to Level 4.  Huzzah!


(My regularly updated active quest log and completed quest list are linked at the top of this site.)