Sunday, September 21, 2014

Nerd Fitness Academy - Daily Food and Quest Log, 9/21/14


 
Food Log

8:45am: Three egg omelet with American cheese, green pepper, tomato.  Honeydew/cantaloupe/strawberry cup. (650 cal)

12:00pm: Pepperoni Pizza Lean Pocket.  Plum. (310 cal)

4:30pm: Domino's chicken carbonara pasta.  Eight wings with some ranch.  Can of caffeine-free diet Coke. (1,250 cal)

11:30pm: Plum.  10 generic brand Ritz crackers. (190 cal)

Water through day: About two liters.

Total: 2,400 calories

---

Quest Log

-Logged my food and stayed under 3,100 calories, progressing on "Nutrition: Growing into Nerd Fitness's Nutrition Level Two" and "Nutrition: Finish Your Food Log," respectively.

The first days of this week have been significantly under the calorie limit, but that doesn't mean a higher limit has been pointless.  I have found the lack of pressure, the sense that I can choose to eat more if I want and still stay within my goals, to be freeing.  It makes my choice to eat less an actual choice.

If tomorrow I decide to eat more, then it's okay up to 3,100 calories.

-Went for a 6+ minute walk, completing "Fitness: Walk for 6 Minutes This Week."  Will create a new quest to build on this: "Fitness: Walk for 7 Minutes This Week," to go for a 7+ minute walk every day.

-Just drank water and caffeine-free soda today.  This completes week two of "Nutrition: The Caffeine Challenge, Level One."  Huzzah!

-Went for a 10+ minute bike ride, completing week two of "Become a Mover: Level One."

-Completed my first personal evolutionary quest, "Become a Water Drinker: Level One."  On we go with level two!  My goal here will be to drink one liter of water four days a week for one month.

-The plums I ate today complete week three of "Become a Fruit Eater: Level One."